RPGDot Network    

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
install the addon on english version
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Then we wouldn´t find out what the problem is.

It must be something simple. I tried it after my last post. Took less than a minute and worked on the first try.
Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:35 pm
Zorn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hehe, ok.
I'm putting it on ice anyway.. well, i'd still like to thank for the replys though !
So maybie another time?
Until then, bye
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:11 am
freekling@gmail.com
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I can't seem to get extract mode to work either. I've been trying it with this I:\Gothic2-Addon-Setup.W01 /x c:/notr and it tells me, well hell i'll just show you [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Freekling/untitled2.bmp[/img]

*edit* Hey I got it to work in command prompt. I feel like an idiot now. Now I just need to figure out were all these files go, it didn't save their folder tree. So ya, if anyone could make me a text file or something that tells me were all the files go, it would be much apreciated.

*Edit again* In case you were wondering why I was extracting it and not installing it, it kept getting hung up on the file Menu_Status.d and then ask me to insert the original cd. Weird huh.

*Final edit* Okay I found this wonderful little file http://gothic-rpg.com/download/install.bat and that took care of everything.
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:13 pm
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Oke so now it just works or what?
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:00 am
freekling@gmail.com
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Pretty much. I've noticed the memory leaks pretty bad, but i've heard other reports of that bug so i'm sure its not just me.
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:38 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, I've had lots of other bugs this run too, and it's the first time I had to use the extract-install.bat-method(for some reason, it said "Can't find original NOTR CD" when trying to install it in the normal way, something it did not do the last time I installed it). Might be the install.bat misses a few files, or messes it up, because I'm experiencing a few graphical issues, memory leak, and a few missing things(a quest that never started, a few missing corpses that were a part of sidequests.. no big deal so far, but annoying).
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:24 pm
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

thats strange never seen that before
well i am trying to download the nglish version of notr now(the real one) to see if its better than german:D
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:28 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

English? What? Has that been released?? Where?

And imo, they can wait about 5-6 more days so I can finish this run through NOTR. I don't fancy starting over because I get the English version
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:11 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

well acdording to www.worldofgothic.com(check it yourself) its released in england allready
so i hope it will come to holland soon so i can buy it:D
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:47 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Your reading comprehension sucks.
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:35 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonay
well acdording to www.worldofgothic.com(check it yourself) its released in england allready
so i hope it will come to holland soon so i can buy it:D

Hehe, that's a good one. I can tell you one thing, the english version still isn't released in any country.
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Your reading comprehension also sucks.
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:43 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can(afaik) order it from the net, but it doesn't ship to anywhere reasonable(this because it was released by someone other than JoWood, a partner or something of theirs). I heard a rumor you could get it in Great Britain, but I doubt that. They actually speak English in the version though according to what I read, so it is technically the English version of the game.
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:57 pm
Vold
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmm

I am still having a problem getting the German NotR Add-On to work over the English Gothic 2 game. I was following Dragonay's CD crack thing until I came to the install.bat thing. I clicked on site link and it took me to a page with a bunch of words like I was reading from notepad. Am I suppose to copy and paste lines from here and apply them to another folder on my HD?

I purchased Gothic 2 when it hit the shelves back in 2003 for US and beat it shorty after, ever since then I haven't played the game again. I still haven't seen anything about an official English Add-On so I'm gonna try and get this to work . . . any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Post Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:53 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Hmmm

quote:
Originally posted by Vold
I am still having a problem getting the German NotR Add-On to work over the English Gothic 2 game. I was following Dragonay's CD crack thing until I came to the install.bat thing. I clicked on site link and it took me to a page with a bunch of words like I was reading from notepad. Am I suppose to copy and paste lines from here and apply them to another folder on my HD?

I purchased Gothic 2 when it hit the shelves back in 2003 for US and beat it shorty after, ever since then I haven't played the game again. I still haven't seen anything about an official English Add-On so I'm gonna try and get this to work . . . any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Maybe check this post:
quote:
Originally posted by freekling@gmail.com
I can't seem to get extract mode to work either. I've been trying it with this I:\Gothic2-Addon-Setup.W01 /x c:/notr and it tells me, well hell i'll just show you [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Freekling/untitled2.bmp[/img]

*edit* Hey I got it to work in command prompt. I feel like an idiot now. Now I just need to figure out were all these files go, it didn't save their folder tree. So ya, if anyone could make me a text file or something that tells me were all the files go, it would be much apreciated.

*Edit again* In case you were wondering why I was extracting it and not installing it, it kept getting hung up on the file Menu_Status.d and then ask me to insert the original cd. Weird huh.

*Final edit* Okay I found this wonderful little file http://gothic-rpg.com/download/install.bat and that took care of everything.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:38 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next