Worst. MMORPG. Ever.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Syringed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Worst. MMORPG. Ever.

No, it's not EverQuest, DAOC, ShadowBane, Anarchy Online, AC2, CoH, or whatever you're thinking. This one is much worse...

http://www.cabochon.com

Fairly basic looking online MMORPG with weak graphics and music but attempts to make up for it in gameplay or so it says. Tutorial covers everything but manages to miss several things still which can create much confusion for newbies. The confusion doesn't end there, while the first quests start off fairly simple, you'll watch them escalate into hard to simply not making any sense what so ever in a short period of time. Don't even think about asking for any help as giving out quest information in game is bannable. Here's the kicker, giving it out in real life too is bannable. REAL LIFE OUTSIDE OF THE GAME. They've banned people before for, "Knowing too much about a quest for their first time."

So what's the icing on the cake for this game's nazi-ism? The most rediculous gameplay in the world of course. There's a grouping option but no one ever uses it because you're not allowed to be on the same dungeon map as the other person. PvP is ruled by mages but fortunately, kept to seperate PvP maps. Higher level monsters suck experience upon touching you forcing you to be a magic caster to actually get any experience. Death can send you spirialing back ENTIRE LEVELS upon 1 death.

Play this game if you really, really want to kill 5 minutes of your life but this game makes EQ's Gates of Discord look like a masterpiece.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:31 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

hmm... you bring compelling points to say that it's the "worst mmorpg ever", but even though I haven't played it at all I can safely say I've already seen much worst. At least they don't ask you $50 for a box to try it out, and then charge you $15 a month to find out they don't have a clue. At least you could say that finding out the game is no good was actually free I've had personal experiences that cost me more than that before I could find out the game was crap...

And that is already worse, in my book.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:21 pm
knife
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think i played this game a looong time ago. I didn't think that game can be in beta test for thaat long.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:40 pm