Questions 1st Chapter
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Questions 1st Chapter

Seems as if maybe its all too easy to screw yourself up without knowing it until its too late to remedy: for instance---
Old Mine: I tried to get the gate open to the minecrawlers-winch wouldnot operate so I just went on about my business.That was a LONG time ago.
Now I just read that it is a BUG and to get past it I would have to restart game all over ---horseshit! Too far to even give that consideration. What crap!

One Templar in Old Mine got killed when I trained a host of Minecrawlers to him--screwed here?? Not sure.

Old Mine Entrance: Climbed a Tower and Killed the Templar and named Templar ( Gor na Grob-something like that) got a nice Kings Sword from him. Did that also screw me up??

Thorus told me to get rid of Mordrag(sp?) so I killed him--screwed up?

Diego_ He will train me +5 Strength as long as I have the Skill Points so I have used all my SP and now have a strength of 65--He still will train me--Is this a Bug or normal?

Also,I read a post that by holding down Left/right arrow keys I would suffer no damage when falling from great heights--does not work for me.Was this a false information post? Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Game has a lot of interesting stuff,but if its got this many bugs that allow you to screw up so easily and have to restart a new game then maybe I will find its not worth it.

Any info appreciated.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:22 pm
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

WOW! you screwed up really good. If i were you iŽd go everything again.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:37 pm
The Golden Mage
City Guard
City Guard

Wait a second don't start over let.
1. All you need is two name templars so your ok.
2. Killing Mordrag is ok if you don't want to join new camp
3. You need arcobaticos(spelling) for it to work
4. An if the winch still doesn't work when you get a quest to find the minecrawler nest. Enter marvin mode push k and walk through the gate, I advise using the cheat god too.

-- only cheat if you have to through.--
hope i helped.

--EDITED--

almost forgot getting trained by Diego? Because if he says your not experince enough or something its not a glinch.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:57 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Re: Questions 1st Chapter

Gate/Winch: Go into marvin mode and press 'k' to teleport a meter ahead.

quote:
One Templar in Old Mine got killed when I trained a host of Minecrawlers to him--screwed here?? Not sure.

As long as he wasn't a named templar, you're fine.

quote:
Old Mine Entrance: Climbed a Tower and Killed the Templar and named Templar ( Gor na Grob-something like that) got a nice Kings Sword from him. Did that also screw me up??

No. Gor Na Drak would have taught you how to get crawler mandibles without skill point cost, though.

quote:
Thorus told me to get rid of Mordrag(sp?) so I killed him--screwed up?

No. You just have to learn to live with the consequences of what you did.

quote:
Diego_ He will train me +5 Strength as long as I have the Skill Points so I have used all my SP and now have a strength of 65--He still will train me--Is this a Bug or normal?

He offers to train you, but if yopu don't have any more SP, he'll tell you so after he tries to train you.

quote:
Also,I read a post that by holding down Left/right arrow keys I would suffer no damage when falling from great heights--does not work for me.Was this a false information post? Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

It's the right STRAFE key (=page down), not right arrow key.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:26 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*Sigh* When will people learn that this game just gives you enough rope to either hang yourself or save yourself?
It's not the game's fault you went on a killing spee.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:14 pm
Uberblah
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Val
*Sigh* When will people learn that this game just gives you enough rope to either hang yourself or save yourself?
It's not the game's fault you went on a killing spee.

Seriously! I didn't start killing people until Chapter 6. Well, that's not entirely true... sadly Mud is no longer with us, or anyone who "goes crazy" and tries to kill me. And even though I belonged to the old camp, Jacko and his weed mixers got axed 2nd chapter.
It's all about knowing who you CAN kill, and making sure you dont kill them.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:56 pm