Stashing items in Balmora
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Zerbus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stashing items in Balmora

Hi, can you stash your items in Caius Cosades' house?
Bye Zerbus
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:06 pm
MookieBlaylock
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As I understand it, you can stash your items anywhere, and they will remain there when you get back.

However, there is one possible problem with this that I'm not sure about. If you stash the item in someones room, then try to retrieve it, it might be considered stealing.

You could test this by saving the game, placing an item in a chest there, and then picking it up. If you are accused of stealing just reload your saved game and try somewhere else.

Personally, I always stash my items in an area where no NPCs are, just in case
Post Sun May 05, 2002 4:22 pm
Paradoxx

I use the chests in the bunk room of the fighters guild in balmora, no npcs around ever to catch you, even if they're were I think you can use the beds in a guild if you belong to the guild. but yes, you can drop your items anywhere and they will never disapear.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 4:29 pm

Old_Man

Ive been using Crates.

They are all over. Find one out of the way, where no NPC's are. I write down the location. You can have multiple stash's all over that way. Guilds are cool for them too.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 4:31 pm

stashed items as related to stealing

quote:
Originally posted by MookieBlaylock
As I understand it, you can stash your items anywhere, and they will remain there when you get back.

However, there is one possible problem with this that I'm not sure about. If you stash the item in someones room, then try to retrieve it, it might be considered stealing.

You could test this by saving the game, placing an item in a chest there, and then picking it up. If you are accused of stealing just reload your saved game and try somewhere else.

Personally, I always stash my items in an area where no NPCs are, just in case

well, in the first town after i had broken into the census storage building i was looting the crates and heard the guard approaching. so i dropped an item on the floor and then though, "oh nuts! now i bet when I go to pick it up later if he's there he'll nail me for stealing it!" so i left post-haste and sold the stolen goods and then crept in a bit later... sure enough, there was the item on the floor and the guard there to boot. I had just saved my game so i figured i'd give it a try, picking up the itme in front of him. and he didn't even blink. So, in retrospect I realize this doesn't quite address the issue of items 'in' crates, but as far as items that were in them and then on the floor it seems as though they're fair game.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 4:19 am

coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have been keeping stuff in his room since I arrived in town. Every now and then I pick up a bunch of stuff to check...no problems yet. But I am considering the other posters Fighteres Guild solution...if I lost all the junk there it would suck to the point of restarting
Post Mon May 06, 2002 4:26 am