Help! No stat bonus at end of level!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Help! No stat bonus at end of level!

Hi all, got a small annoyance here. For some reason my level-up bonus for STR isn't appearing. Anyone know how to fix this? Problem description follows:

I've reached level 10, being quite careful about my skill advancements in order to get x5 bonuses as much as possible. My STR is currently 95, and I'm 100% *certain* that I've increased 10 STR skills since last level. But when I sleep and level up, there's no bonus listed for STR.

I initially thought maybe I had an effect that's pushing the effective stat over 100, thus not elligible for increasing, but I *don't* have any effects on me that increase STR, and removed all magical equipment just to be sure. I can still select the stat for improvement, but it only goes to 96.

Could it be that I've increased *more* than 10 skills, and the calculation's messing up somewhere and mistakenly disallowing any bonus because improves/2+stat>100 or something? I have a save game a way back I could use if this is the case...

Anyone know what's going wrong, or how to fix this? I don't want to lose my hard-earned bonus so I'm a bit stuck.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:06 pm
Wiley Wilson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just triggered a thought. Is there a limit with how much you can increase your attributes (Strength, Agility etc). If so, is it limited by race, sex, class etc?

Sorry I couldn't help with your posting!
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:39 pm
Kaos503
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Maximum a stat can be is 100, you can fortify the skill to be higher than that, my axe skill is 105, but that is because of a constant affect item. Otherwise, 100 is the maximum for any stat.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:25 am
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

from what i have seen from playing, once you get to 95 in some stats, you can't use a multiplier to hit 100. you have to get x4 and then next time around, get 1 point to max it out.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:34 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ah, excellent...

Interesting - I managed to get a x5 modifier when on 95 with Endurance, so it sounds like there may be a dodgy calculation going on. I'll recover an old save and manage my stat bonuses better

Thanks Brenner - if you've had this problem before but I've managed to avoid it, I should be able to get around it.

I really shouldn't worry about it too much, I'm just *determined* to get 100 Strength by level 10!
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:53 pm