Alternate beginnings
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Alternate beginnings

Just for the fun of it, I took my old Wiz7 saves and just started the game to see how the beginnings differ. Basically, there are 4 different beginnings:
1) Non-imported parties, where you start off by the monastery after being brought over as mercenaries for a mook.
2) Best ending parties from Wiz7, where you start off at the monastery with Vi (who promptly leaves in every beginning where she appears). This is if you left via the ship in Sky City.
3) Parties aligned with T'Rang at end of Wiz7, where you start with Vi at Marten's bluff!
4) Parties aligned with Umpani at end of Wiz7, where you start with Vi in Umpani base camp!

For those of you who kept the GLOBE (astral dominae) and left the GIRL (Vi Domina), you had an ending of Wiz7 where the Dark Savant left you floating in space. If you try to import such a party, you find that you are still floating in space and all is dark. You can't bring in these characters. Too bad, as I was hoping for a beginning where I already had the Astral Dominae!
Post Tue May 07, 2002 7:12 am
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thank you for posting that. I was wondering what the various beginnings were.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:01 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

You're welcome. By the way, all of the introductory movie sequences are very similar - you've seen at least one, so the rest aren't worth seeing.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:05 am

I cranked W-7 back up with the intention to create imports, so i imported unfinished games with parties left at the arena intersection on Crypt Isle. They imported just like the one i finished with Vi, arriving on Dominus at the Monastery with the soon-to-vanish Vi. (if you kill the T'rang queen in W-7, Sadok will be yellow, but he'll still sell you stuff). If the Umpani general blows up in W-7, some of the Umpani in W-8 bad-talk you for it, but unless you did all the W-7 T'rang quests they're all green.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:26 am