Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I made a plugin called Mar Lao (Please read before flaming)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I made a plugin called Mar Lao (Please read before flaming)

I made this plugin and I'm hoping you guys will try it out. I already have an idea for my next attempt but I want to know what you think of this one first. The plugin is a series of quests and most of the loot has to be taken out of somebody's cold dead hand (or off their cold dead torso)

Since the loot is really powerful I've also tried to make the enemies really powerful. What I need to know is did I get the balance right? Is it too easy, too hard, too lame? If you play it (and frankly you would be a fool not to) could you post your comments in this thread.

TIA

I've submitted it to Rpgplanet and Morrowind-mods I'm not sure how long it will take to get it up
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:22 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hi,

why should someone flame here?
As soon as they will give it up, I will post it into Plugin Depor forum...
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:46 pm
A Storm Atronach

Could you give us a sense of what level monsters and what loot you've provided? In all the quest mods I've tried thus far, the loot was entirely out of proportion--far too high--to virtually any monsters.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:25 pm

Aerothorn

Hey, I'm currently working on your mod. However, Ebeyon won't tell me the truth- he says he doesn't know him. I got his dispostion to 100 but he still told me that. I figure I need something to bribe/blackmail him with. What do I do?
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:44 am

Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hint: Ask around in Gnisis
Extra hint: Marta Shortroot is a Wood-elf near his house.

As to the difficulty,
You will need to take out some bandits lvl 8?, some leveled Dremora, some leveled Dwemer machines, and One Dremora lord before you see your first red cent.
The loot at that point is (I feel) fairly modest with a cursed/enchanted deadric helm being the best of the lot. The helm is the one item that really worries me, the rest is too specialized to be overly advantageous.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:31 am
Aerothorn

behappy

I'll try again, but since I noticed Marta was new, she was the first person I talked to, and she didn't tell me anything other then"You'll find him by the tradehouse".
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:08 pm

Aerothorn

Need more help

Ok, so I talked to her about Mar Lao(I thought I was supposed to talk about Ebeyon) and she said to find her brother Melvin. So I looked in the Imperial Barracks, he wasn't there. So I went and asked Darius and he said to go to an island east of Gnisis. Course, east of Gnisis is all land except that river, and hes not on that one island in the river. There is a cave there, but I've already explored and looted there a while ago, and they didn't say he was going to a cavern...is he in there? (Starts with an A)
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:11 pm

-moriarty

Yeah he is, I used some pre-existing maps out of laziness.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:20 am

Aerothorn

Ok, I did a lot of stuff. Great job doing all the floating stuff in Mar Lao's ruins- great stuff. But now I went back to Ebeyon's at Melvin's advice adn got this Dwemer curse put on me. How do I get rid of it?
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:03 am

Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, you can search his hut or for the hard way talk to the silt strider.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:41 am
Where?

Ok, I've explored Kunsanit or whatever its called throughly, killed both the Ebeyons, and can't find the friggin antidote. Help!
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:33 pm

Aerothorn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That person called Where? was me...was putting the subject in name.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:28 pm
Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

There should be an oversized Dwemer Cup on a table. I think the first right from the entrance will take you there.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:08 am
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

i dunno but I found some note under that edryon guy's pillow... pointed me to some pointless cavern west of Telasaro.. I quit after that because the person the letter was written by wasn't even in the stupid cavern
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:51 pm
coolguyclay

Ending

When does the quest actually end? I've played through and did what Mar Lao wanted me to, so was that it? I liked the quest though, it was great. Let us know when you make another.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:37 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next