How to become an water mage/fire mage?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

How to become an water mage/fire mage?

Easy to become a fire mage. You only have to talk to the fire mages, and when you can become a guard, you say that you intrested in the path of magic. Corristo asks a few questions, and when you asnwer correctly, you can become a mage. If you want to become a water mage, you have to talk to the water mages first. And in chapter 4 you can become a water mage, after the callupse of the old mine. I think the water mage is better than the templar, guard or mercenary.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:30 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Spoiler Alert:

Two ways to become a water mage:
Join the New Camp as a rogue, then become a mercenary, and then water mage later on.

Join the Old Camp, become a shadow, then fire mage, and when the old mine collapses you will join the New Camp and become a water mage.

All in all it doesn't really matter as you end up as a Necromancer in the end when Xardas takes you into the 6th Circle(if you go the path of magic that is).

Also, please write Spoiler Warning/Alert when posting such topics. By the looks of the topic, it might just seem like you want the question answered, instead of posting the answer(so people might read it without wanting to be spoiled).

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:20 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

if i remeber correctly you can also join the water mages through the brotherhood .. not really sure though been a while seens i've joined up whit thoses looneys
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:16 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

too bad u cant become a guru as a loony
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:45 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

As far as I know, there is no way to leave the Brotherhood and join any other camp as soon as you've entered it. And yes, it is sad that you can't become a guru, but I think it's a matter of story crash as most of the gurus all become insane right after the time you should be able to enter them, and their leader dead. Cor Angar is the leader of the Templars, and very much alive even later.

I think that's the reason why you can't join them at least.
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:29 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

However, if you join the watermages while being a firemage, this has the effect of pc-hero belonging to the watermages and firemages at the same time, Saturas says you will not renounce your vows because the mages have a code of allegiance, . . . now in my view that is wrong because in the books (word of the gods) it clearly states that the followers of innos did pray to adanos and "forgot their origins and were banished to the shadows (as in darkness) forever".

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:36 am