Ridley Scott's "Kingdom of Heaven"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Ridley Scott's "Kingdom of Heaven"

Ridley Scott's next movie is called Kingdom of Heaven. This is currently filming and is all about the Crusades. What news do you have on this movie? What do you think?

It's Ridley Scott. It is the Crusades. It is gonna RULE!!!!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:27 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I hadn't heard about it but Ridley Scott is probably my favourite director. I'll go check it out!
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:39 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Ridley Scott is a genius. Whatever he's working on I'm sure will be great. I heard he wanted to do AI, I wish he had the opportunity.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:01 am
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

I heard that they picked up Hans Zimmer to do the music. So you know it's going to sound awesome!
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:10 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

It's going to rule!!

I like Ridley Scott. Gladiator established him as one of if not the best filmmakers there is. Someone mentioned AI.. What a piece of dog doo! Anyone could have done better work. Spielburg for the most part makes garbage.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:48 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

He established himself with Alien since 1979, then Blade Runner, Thelma & Louise, etc, all awesome works.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:55 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I prefer his older films. Alien, Blade Runner... Someone To Watch Over Me and Thelma And Louise are not really my "type" of film, but I still enjoyed them. Legend is a cool kids' film, I wish more were like this.

I haven't seen a great deal of his recent stuff, but I didn't like BHD and I thought Gladiator was so-so. IMO Hannibal was utter garbage. I just wish he'd snap out of his current fondness for over-produced no-brain bling-bling cinema and do something challenging again. Bruckheimer's values have rubbed off on him, I feel.

One film of Scott's I really want to see is The Duellists, I'm not really sure if it's all that great, but I just want to see it! It sounds interesting, and it has Harvey Keitel in it, which could be a bonus. Oh yeah, Scott comes from near me and I went to the same college as him! Yeah, I know, I've mentioned that before. I'll probably mention it again too
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:18 pm
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Looking forward to it. Ridley Scott + the middle ages = a slice of heaven. Scott turns out good work on a regular basis. Beats Spielberg any day.
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:12 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Official site and trailer!

Release Date = 5-6-2005

http://www.kingdomofheavenmovie.com/

The screening reviews indicate this movie will smoke! They say it has a 40 minute battle scene!

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:44 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yay! Big battles. I'll see it.
Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:23 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

You all forget one thing, people.
Ridley Scott - that's good. Crusades? Middle Ages? - that's also good.
But that little piece of s**t Bloom playing a blacksmith? again? Who are they kidding? Not only the idea of that sounds ridiculous, but that ... thing can't act to save his live.
And I though Kianu was a bad actor.
Though the movie it self can turn out to be not that bad, but after Alexander I am cautious to this type of movie done by a noted director.
Post Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:29 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Armageddona

Though the movie it self can turn out to be not that bad, but after Alexander I am cautious to this type of movie done by a noted director.

Please don't remind me. I was bragging up Alexander for almost a year...and I was so sick when I saw that piece of trash in the theater. How could anyone desecrate material like Alexander the Great?

But this is Ridley Scott! This is the Crusades. How can this go wrong!

I will be quite angry if this movie also sucks!

Post Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:56 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Thelma and Louise may not have been the most ground breaking movie, but I thought it was darned good filmmaking. Alien was, in my opinion, a near perfect horror film. Columbus 1492 was equally brilliant in my opinion; it's not very fast paced, but was one of those movies where when it is over, you say to yourself "Wow that was a good movie".
Post Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:26 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Check out these new trailers. The are much longer than the movie trailer...

1. Exclusive Online Trailer
2. Ridley Scott - Creating Worlds

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/kingdom_of_heaven/

Also, the music is sounding very good!
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:03 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Eh... less speeches, more action!
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:21 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next