Usergroups
Scroll of destroy undead?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Nathilus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I recently had one of my missions botched by a bug. I was doing the 'find the foci' quest for the magicians of water, but when I got to the part that required me to use a scroll of destroy the undead, the scroll dissapeared before I could use it on the correct creature, ...and I saved before I'd realized what had happened. Now I'm stuck with that focus undone. I've tried getting it from Cronos of the water mages or the mage trainer in the brotherhood, but can't seem to get it from them. I'm a guard for the old camp, so I /really/ need a way to get another of the same scroll. Thanks in advance for any help.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:32 am
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

which focus is that for? later in the game you can get in from xardas, but thats after you get all the focuses.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:34 am
Nathilus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2001-12-09 23:34, r0otZ wrote:
which focus is that for? later in the game you can get in from xardas, but thats after you get all the focuses.

Yes, this is the quest in which I have to have all the focuses. Therefore, I need the scroll before Xardas.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:47 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Open the console and type
insert itarscrolldestroyundead
and voila, you find such a scroll.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 1:43 pm
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

you mean this is the quest where you have to fight those golems outside xardas' temple? if not you can just buy the thing from xardas himself. but anyway, use a stone crusher or hammer on the stone golem, use an ice spell on the fire golem, and use a fire spell on the ice golem. simple. =P
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:22 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I find Gorath's idea the best alternative. If the game cheats you, cheat the game.

You can kill the warden without the scroll, if you becomes better in using your weapons.
Many of the "impossible" enemies that you are supposed to use something special to defeat becomes vulnerable later on when you are better in your weapons.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:51 pm