Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
World of Morrowind vs world of Gothic 2!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
G0dFist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

World of Morrowind vs world of Gothic 2!

Any of U guys know the size of Gothic 2 coz Morrowind's world is pretty big..and i like that..although wherever u go in Morrowind have a sensation of Deja-Vu..but as I said itz a big world..very big..much to explore and kill!
I wish to know if Gothic 2 will have the same big world!It would be nice!
I mean if U put all the things that made Gothic a hit into a big world like Morrowind...it will be a major hit!

P.S I liked Gothic more than i like now Morrowind...dunno why ..[/b]
Post Sun May 26, 2002 8:44 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The Gothic II game world is five times the size of the original Gothic area - 25 km2. It includes the Colony, but textures have been redone and details added.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 8:45 pm
Elder Dragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

shouldn't this be in the gothic 2 forum ?

GOdFist: anyway, I doubt the Gothic 2 world will be as big as Morrowind's, but at least you won't have the feeling of deja-vu, and it seems there will be enough to kill and explore to satisfy you for a long time
Post Sun May 26, 2002 8:48 pm
Zonk
City Guard
City Guard

Does size matter??

PB was asking what we the player would like to see in GothicII.
And I dont remmember that the poor size was an imporent point.
Longer gameplay could be a point,

ZonkSoft
Post Sun May 26, 2002 8:53 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

Size dosent matters, at least it dosent with gothic. I had alot of fun with Gothic's world and since G2 world is five times bigger its going to be very long game. I also hope they add some extra quests which arent neccessary to be finished. Since the world size is five times bigger I hope the play time is five times longer!
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:47 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i think the size of Gothic wasn't an issue for me either. i thought PB did an excellent job of creating a world that was "just right." also, the idea of a barrior to limit the size of the world was incorporated nicely into the story line. i never felt limited by the barrior because the entire point of the game was to remove the barrior! it will be interesting to see how they handle the outer limite in gothic2. i hope that PB uses it cleverness to once again create a fun world that uses its limitations as a strength rather than a weakness.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:04 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

There's an easy way they can do that. Make the place you are on an island.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:20 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:
Originally posted by Val
There's an easy way they can do that. Make the place you are on an island.

Or unpassable mountains.

In morrowind, every inch was accessable, even the near infinite seas. Gothic had serious walls.

Add serious walls -er mountains and another coastline (with undertow) and you have yourself an excuse to limit world size.

Q:
Is the outer world completely loaded (like G1), or is it a grid that loads like Morrowind?
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:22 am

I own have been addicted to gothic before morrowind came out. In terms of land mass gothic 2 will be slightly smaller than morrowind. Keep in mind that morrowind is also VERY dense and detailed while gothic had many just plain old areas for no real reason
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:57 am

ZyanTundra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I really hope Gothic 2 doesn't load like Morrowind does. Morrowind's seamless world is outright fault advertisment. Vvardenfeel is clearly divided by invisible exterior cell walls, that is why you load at the exact line everytime you pass from one cell to another.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:08 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

size.... nah... dont matter AT ALL

Don't you feel better now?
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:23 am
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

the other problem with morrowind is that it runs like a beat up pinto with no wheels & 250,000 miles. i have never played a game that is as choppy. when i am in a town i feel like my character is always coughing, gagging & stalling. it is awful . this wasn't an issue with gothic at all. there was just as much going on around me (if not more, the ai in gothic blows mw out of the water) & my machine never chocked up. also, i don't see any difference in graphics. except for the water, i enjoy the graphics in gothic much more than mw. see size isn't the only difference, game play can make or break a game.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:46 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm Gothic II will be on a Big Island this time well there is a good idea i heard Xardas will be a bad person in Gothic II.He will proably summon big creatures under water and if the main character will swim too far away from the isle then the creature just eats the main character( and even with big ships the creature will just destroy them). Well thats my idea how it will be
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:03 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
Hmm Gothic II will be on a Big Island this time well there is a good idea i heard Xardas will be a bad person in Gothic II.He will proably summon big creatures under water and if the main character will swim too far away from the isle then the creature just eats the main character( and even with big ships the creature will just destroy them). Well thats my idea how it will be
My idea (if it is going to be a little stupid) is that if you swim to long from the island then the waves will kill you.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:19 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ya proably thats a good idea too and in Gothic III when Xardas and his creatures are dead then you can leave the island with a ship and the Beginns again the journey
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:34 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next