Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Picking Locks On Chests & Boxes & Doors??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I must be lame because it says I am now a " Master " of picking locks but all the chests I try to open...donot open??

I have lock picks in my inventory, What I am missing here??..do I need another skill like " pickpocket " or " sneak "??

Thanks for any help , Also I am playing the english demo if it make a differ.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:53 am

Alferd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You have to kneel down in front of the chest ( [CTRL] ), then try combinations with [CTRL]+[Left] and [CTRL]+[Right]. A crashing sound tells you that your combination is wrong. A clicking sound tells you, you're on the right way. Every chest has a unique combination. So if you crash in a later sequenz of a combination, the first sequenzes will stay the same.

Some doors will never open ... but I think, every chest will do.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:10 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Don't pay attention to that whole MASTER and UNSKILLED ranking. They don't mean anything, really.

Look at the percentages. CHANCES OF FAILURE is what you should be looking at. If you know how to cheat, then make the CHANCES OF FAILURE to 0%, so that you never break lockpicks.

You always still have to manually pick the locks. This never changes.
What matters is how often you break lockpicks.

Same with the weapon skills. CRITICAL HITS is what you should be looking at, not MASTER or UNSKILLED.

If you can cheat your way to 100% Critical Hits, then you can kill amost anything with a pickaxe in a single punch. Or even kill someone with a single punch of the fist.

This is useful so that you can use the cooler looking weapons, without sacrificing power.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:42 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I would simply find out and remember the combination, followed by a reload if you ruined a lock pick.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2001 12:08 am