Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Elder Scrolls 3 - Morrowind (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
mersil

sounds like the same person that said, That very same thing about Blade of Darkness. hmm , Are you that same peorson ? if so Maybe then you need to take some Drimimine . and calm down, we are Not on a Ship here.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:05 am

sansong

It uses to happen when framerates are too low (which is very frequent with MW as it's very demanding game), and so when you move too fast in the game with the mouse look, you get nauseus. So my suggestion is to low your graphic configuration so that you get good fps most of the time. And also don't turn too frequently when you look with the mouse and run straight as much as you can to avoid the symptoms. Also stop playing from time to time when you are not feeling well and then come back. <br> <br> If this doesn't help then you have a severe case of 'motion sickness', which happens to people that plays a lot of FPS (Quake etc)and have to move the mouse look very frequently.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:57 pm

cheex

i have a question i am buying the game tommorow (i think) and want to know if it is playable online against other people i'm sorry if this has been aked but i did not see it up here? <br>please e-mail me with an answer
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:37 am

Wolfen

cheex: no it is not multiplayer. <br> <br>To all the whiners: Do you people go through real life being lead around by a ring through your nose? I get so tired of reading these comments like "It has no direction" or "It sucks because I'm not the most powerful being on the planet to start". If you don't like the game, then don't play the game. To all you whiners about the fighting sequences, it is a RPG not a FPS. RPG's are supposed to take massive amounts of time (in some cases they can last for years). Who wants to pay 40 or 50 bucks for a game that you beat in 1 day anyway?
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:15 am

Striz

Well, i guess ill add in my ideals of morrowind, in some ways its worse than i had expected, and in some ways it is indeed alot better, the first thing i would like to address is the issue with those of you saying morrowind is extremely boring running from city to city only to find the same NPC's (basically) as in the last, let me enlignhten some of you on some of the events, i decided to just get on a road from balmora and just start following it to see where i would be led, about 3 minutes into my run, i saw a book in the path, i walked up to it and heard a man screaming, i looked all around and saw no one, then i looked up just to see a man land on the ground infront of me and die, i looted his corpse and picked up the book and read it, it was his journal saying how he had been experimenting with spells and he had found a new way for him to teleport himself to other citys by catapaulting himself with a spell and he would *softly* land in the other city and he would show the mages who charged him and made fun of him for his ideas, now, apparently it didnt work, but it was indeed extremely funny , there are other times such as one where i saw a man standing there, he made no movements towards me or anything, and i wondered what he was doing in the middle of nowhere, so i walked up innocently and began talking, he told me to be careful because there were some dangerous cutthroat thieves in these parts, and they would steal my money an slit my throat, i asked about the cutthroats and he said yes, they will slit your throat in an instant if you dont give them your money, so how about you give me 300 pieces and i wont slit your throat, traveler, i refused and we fought and i tore him a new one. so to those of you who say the game is bad because of the lack of exciting events your wrong, now i admit, it is silent for the most part, and the npcs are stupid, but they take notice to you, like when i first joined the imperial legion one of the armorers just told me how she hadnt seen me before when i went to shop, but i went back today, donning most of my dweemer armor and noticed that she said "wow, you look like your doing good for yourself with that armor, ive never seen a redguard with such nice equipment around these parts", the npcs indneed take notice to what you do, i have had very high bountys before and they even tell me how they have heard about my crimes and they dont want any trouble, or if im infected with something, they tell me to stay away until i have been cured, or if you walk around naked the people shout at you to put on your clothing, the females giggle and laugh. <br> <br>i got bored doing quests recently, so i decided to start exploring, i have found 4 shipwrecks and countless tombs and underground passages with all sorts of unique loots, i have also downloaded loads of plugins, 2 houses, a new ship that transports to most costal citys at seyda neen, one that i still havent seen - a package that adds very strong and big giants and dragons to the game, i havent dared go into the mountain regions where they roam, i have downloaded one tiat is a talking 2 handed sword,(the one from Baulders gate 2, "lilacor +2" i think, no, it doesnt overpower the game, as a matter of fact the one handed sword i had before was better, but the lilacor is hilarious, and he levels up sometimes as well, which improves his overall dmg, there are just so many possibilities in morrowind its unreal, and to those of you who say its easy to exploit MW, i have one thing to say to you, "Don't" as stated earlier, you can indeed stand there and let a rat beat on you for 30 minutes to increase your block/armor skills, but that doesnt mean that they left it like that because they WANT you to do it, they just left it so you would have a choice to do it if you wanted or not, i personally like to have a SOMEWHAT realistic experience, so i dont do stuff like that, to the guy who said they put it in the game because they want you to do it, they put fall damage in the game as well, so i guess they WANT you to climb up to the top of the lighthouse and jump off over and over until you die right? and continue this process for years and years until they patch it out of the game right? <br> <br>to those of you who say you get tired from running and start moving as slow as a slug - ive never had this problem, with any of my characters, i have a redguard battlewizard *custom* and he wears full steel/dweemer armor, which takes him up to about 180/315, then with loot im normally at 314/315 and i still dont have this problem, all and all id give morrowind a <br> 9/10, the only reason i take one point away, is because they dont allow many options to smooth the game out for older or lower end computers, and no multiplayer
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:31 am

El Chorizo

Morrowind can be exploited, but I don't see it as a flaw. As it is, everybody can enjoy it. Those who want to exploit can do it very easily, even without downloadind hack packs or trainers. The others have one of the best CRPGs around. <br> <br>Concerning bugs, I'm quite surprised because so far I only had two crashes in 30+ hours of gameplay, sometimes with 6 hours long sessions. And both times I had re-loaded savegames, so I agree with the fact that it seems to be related to that point.
Post Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:22 am

El Chorizo

Concerning bugs, one should try this : <br>http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=316
Post Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:24 am

Landon

Mah, it was ok at best. Give me fallout any day.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:26 am

Shastar

I love it
Post Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:51 am

Pacoboyd

Morrowind?!?!

Buggy as heck. Crashes at least once everytime I play it. Framerates suck, MUST use FPS Optimizer ALL THE TIME. Yet I devote huge amounts of my life to play it...why? Because this game rocks, BEST RPG EVER. If your not hooked you didn't play it.
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:00 am

Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I loved to play but it really did frustrate me to no end. I had so many little side quests hanging over my head I felt the weight was too great, and then I messed up and got a bounty on me and I don't remember how I did it or where, but after 60 days ingame I lost all my armor. But it is so addicting I have to go back and do more.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:52 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

This game has great armor and weapons but there s not a real story you can do what ever you like nice craphics but that doesnt make a game a good game
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:57 am
CNT-Dukoome
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

you're all shitting on mw ai in gothic i killed a templar and the rest was shouting i nocked dow a dude in the old camp and the gaurds went like tuptudup there is no good ai yet but a whole wold like morrowind with small ai diff like gothic or so is impossible because you have a varraity of every thing if you need to program three camps in gothic or all the city's and camps heck only vivec has as much dudes as in whole gothic (not really but well) but its just to huge and peeps who have comment about the freedom of the game go and play with the looney tunes you're no rpg luvvers cous you have no fantesy and it is more advanced then gothic one and two three camps it does not mather wich you join stay's the same in the end
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:26 pm
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

;) newbie

I have recently found this game re-released together with both expansions for less then most brand new games. I think I will give it a try, it sure seems like you are getting your moneys worth.

Last edited by Cryptor69 on Wed May 26, 2004 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:22 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

quote:
Originally posted by DarkWeaver
This game has great armor and weapons but there s not a real story you can do what ever you like nice craphics but that doesnt make a game a good game

Pfff that i even said this damn!!
Well this is the greatest game i ever played...just fantastic!
They could make a patch for the Crash To Desktop fault.....that would also be fantastic.....
Post Mon May 24, 2004 11:58 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next