Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Shrines tell me I am a 'Sinner' - How to be forgiven?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
Rebooter
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Shrines tell me I am a 'Sinner' - How to be forgiven?

When I try to pray at the shrines in the catherdals, they now tell me I 'have sinned', so I can't get healing, etc. The only thing I can think of is that I stole something as part of a Thieve's Guild quest, maybe it was stealing a bust from one of the cathederals? Does anyone know how I could fix this situation as I can't seem to find any info on it in the game.
Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:18 pm
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If you have a bounty on your head you can't benefit from a shrine's healing. You must get rid of your bounty. I haven't played far into OB, so I can't say if there are ways other than paying the fine and doing time to get yourself a clean record. Maybe someone who's advanced far in the thieves' guild can answer this.
Wasn't there a fellow in Morrowind who could make your bounty disappear for a price, or am I imagining things ?
Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:28 pm
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

If your Infamy rating is higher than your Fame rating you will get the same response and be unable to pray at the shrines. The only way to fix it is to stop being such an evil bastard and start doing selfless acts (i.e. quests to help the nice people out...not murdering folks for the DB).

But like he said, having a bounty will cause it too.

My infamy rating stays about 2-3 times my fame rating though so I don't get to use the shrines (thank god for alchemy).

Oh, and your Doyen (the guy in the Thieves Guild who is currently giving you jobs) will remove your bounties for half the price of the bounty. So if you get caught you just choose "resist arrest" and then run your butt off. When the guards give up you fast travel to your Doyen and get the bounty removed. This is available at any level...as soon as you join the thieves guild.
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:11 am
Rebooter
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Majnun
If your Infamy rating is higher than your Fame rating you will get the same response and be unable to pray at the shrines. The only way to fix it is to stop being such an evil bastard and start doing selfless acts (i.e. quests to help the nice people out...not murdering folks for the DB).

But like he said, having a bounty will cause it too.

My infamy rating stays about 2-3 times my fame rating though so I don't get to use the shrines (thank god for alchemy).

Oh, and your Doyen (the guy in the Thieves Guild who is currently giving you jobs) will remove your bounties for half the price of the bounty. So if you get caught you just choose "resist arrest" and then run your butt off. When the guards give up you fast travel to your Doyen and get the bounty removed. This is available at any level...as soon as you join the thieves guild.

Oh, now I see. I'm bascially just working my way up in the Thieve's Guild before doing other stuff. I don't have a bounty, so it must be the infamy/fame ratio.
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:07 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I have the same problem. My infamy is 1 and fame 0. I don't know why. I haven't done anything bad. The only people I've killed are bandits, and that grave robber dude. I've got two diseases and I can't find any cure disease scrolls or potions.

I haven't got very far into the game and have only been around the city really. I haven't looked into alchemy. Can I make a potion without any skills or get someone to do it for me. A point in the right direction here would be muchly appreciated.

Edit: Ah-ha. You just have to eat a bit of mandrake root to be completely cured. You can get them from the main ingredient in the market district of the city.
Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:18 am