the demo is bad
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

the demo is bad

Just downloaded the demo for this European-made game. The graphics are alright, but why does it crash so much? I mean, it crashes every 2 minutes! Is this supposed to reflect quality? I could program better than this. The program I made doesnt CTD every few minutes. So my real question is: Does the official European version of Arx Fatalis, the release, have all these crashes to desktop? If so, I doubt I will buy the retail version. I have better things to do than get frustrated by bug-ridden software. The game itself isnt bad. But I have only played up to the 2nd level so far. And dont tell me its "incompatibility." My system is highend and NEVER crashes out of any other program that is installed. The developers really need to check for memory leaks or something.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:12 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

The original german version crashed a lot (not every 2 minutes, but often). The situation is much better with the latest patch, but Arx is still not completely bug free.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:38 am
Raf
Arkane Master
Arkane Master

Do not worry... we're fixing that with passion, the demo you played was an alpha version, and the current version is really stable, we're playing all day and hunt for crashes at the moment, the next patch and the english version will please you for sure.
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:17 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I had no trouble with the demo, except that it was short!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:53 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Let me just tell you that in a survey made by Gamestar.de - one of the biggest gaming print magazines, 97% of those who bought Arx Fatalis said they would recommend the game to their friends. And the sample was 1000 gamers.

So, yes, the initial release was buggy, and it was rushed. Since then, there have been to patches, and the game is very stable, with very few bugs left. Be prepared for a real highlight when Arx Fatalis hits the US mid october.
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:55 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
Be prepared for a real highlight when Arx Fatalis hits the US mid october.

I just hope that the release doesn't get pushed back again (Please Raf! Pretty, pretty please!)! On the other hand, I'd prefer get Arx finished rather than unplayable.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:03 pm
Raf
Arkane Master
Arkane Master

we're confident with the schedule, no worry
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Raf, will there be another demo based on the build of the English release version?
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:24 pm
Raf
Arkane Master
Arkane Master

absolutely
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:27 pm
Kinlaadare
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When???
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:39 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Oh! Too wonderful!!!
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:40 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I will probably buy the English version then. So far of what I saw in the demo was impressive nonetheless. BTW are you guys indie devs?

www.shadowpool.com
www.darkfallonline.com
Post Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:24 pm