Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
For thoes who have the full version........
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Beni
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
3)If U go to the Black Troll and go over the bridge forwart u get to a cave.There are two ways: one goes upper where u find some drinks and minecrawlers and down where u get to a strange hall with two Huge Paladin Statues and behind them is a Chest.It Requires also a key(never found )

This is the chest where you find your first blank rune stone (as the suject of a quest) when trying to become a mage. You get the key to it from Pyrokar when he gives you the quest. So obviously you didn't play a mage?
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:17 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
okeej at last the old daedalus finished the game also

So... loose ends time. Well, I can ony shine some light on the whereabouts of the bow (yes I actually found it :p)... it's located somewhere in the thieves guild hq.

I never concluded the quest concerning Cypher's pot package. I know where it went but Cypher did not respond to my findings (too late in the game probably). It bugs me a bit because it was a piece of the global pot dealing issue. There was the militia quest for the weed parcel, but now I wonder if rolling up the entire pot kartel was a possibility too.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:42 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehe remember the package what u found in the docks with weed well if u taked it and goed to report Andre about it there was 2 ways: u can give the pakage to him or u can keep it to yourself and bring later the to Cypher
but still i searched all the sewers and didnt find any Bospers bows is it named even Bospers Bow ?
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:53 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Ah so that's the deal with the package! I'll have to try the alternative route next time.

As for the bow, IIRC, it's aptly called "Bow". :p It's either in the chest in Cassia's room or one of the chests in the storage room for which Cassia and the guy who's standing guard carry the key.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:26 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

aaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhh and i was soo dumb that i selled it to somewhere maaaaaaaan now i need to find that damn Treader lolol its gonna be hard thats for sure By the way how there was a way to let live the first bandit u will see if u talk to him right and u get a name "Dexter" that will help to find an old friend from old camp in olddays
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:18 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

So that's the way to the bandits tower. I had to kill our old friend who was not at all happy to see me. :/

I'm playing a mercenary rogue now so all will be better this time. No word from Attilla yet, though (and I'm level 10 now), so I wonder what triggers him. Maybe I need to advance to the next chapter and enter the old colony.

Good luck cornering the bow market. :p
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:22 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Bosper's Bow, Coragon's (sp?) silver goblets etc are in a room in the Khorinis sewers which is IIRC relatively near to the entrance. No key is needed and I am quite sure that the stolen items have special names that tell you their owners.

The locked chest under the bridge near the central taven contains a blank runestone. You get the key for it from Upper Town merchant Lutero as a reward for bringing him a special trophy from the colony. That is, if you are a mage.
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:01 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

waaaaaaaaait a sec whata well now i am confused there are two chests then containing those runestones ? the one under the tavern and the one lear the Black Big Troll in a cave. there are 2 big statues and in the center a big chest
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:02 pm
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
waaaaaaaaait a sec whata well now i am confused there are two chests then containing those runestones ? the one under the tavern and the one lear the Black Big Troll in a cave. there are 2 big statues and in the center a big chest

Exactly. One is in the locked chest in the cave under the bridge near the tavern and one is in the cave far to the north with the blue lights and the statues.
Post Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:06 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Bosper's Bow, Coragon's (sp?) silver goblets etc are in a room in the Khorinis sewers which is IIRC relatively near to the entrance. No key is needed and I am quite sure that the stolen items have special names that tell you their owners.

I just had the opportunity to check. So I did. You're right on spot about the room, but unfortunately the bow is a simple hunting bow (Jagd Bogen), indistinguishable from other hunting bows.

And did I already mention that I found that playing a mercenary is far more entertaining than playing a paladin? Ha ha ha I really love it, truly an authentic miserable no sht badd azz class... it's almost like Gothic meets Pulp Fiction. :p
Post Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:40 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

After playing as a mage, I'm now playing as a paladin. Just yesterday I got my invitation from the Thieves' Guild. And I can confirm that Bosper's bow IS marked. In the description it says Bospers Jagdbogen or something like that.

I am really looking forward to playing as a mercenary, because I think the feeling will be very G1-like with all your old pals from the New Camp around you and the rough atmosphere. So far I think that playing a mage is most difficult in the beginning ( it takes some time before you become a mage, and you probably want to save all your learning points so you are very weak until then and you have some very challenging tasks to do ) but very easy later on. I killed all enemies in the new world except the black troll, the three normal trolls and the three shadow warriors before my first visit to the mine valley, where I proceeded to kill all enemies except for the four dragons, the shadowbeast skeleton and the demon. Perhaps I'm just not a good fighter but it seems unlikely that I will be able to do the same as a militia man.

That brings me to a question: When enemies respawn, are enemies which occupy the same spot removed? That would mean you have to kill them before a certain chapter begins or you lose all the loot and xp. For instance, as a mage I killed all besieging orcs surrounding the Mine Valley castle in chapter two. In chapter four there were new besieging orcs ( but with a lot more elites ). Would the orcs of chpter two still be there if I hadn't killed them ( it would be very crowded ) or do I have to kill them in chapter two or three to get their loot and xp? I hope not 'cause it would be very difficult ( since I will later be able to use powerful paladin magic I don't train ranged weapon skills, and a melee fight against hordes of orcs isn't something I look forward to as I am only clad in light militia armour ).
Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:10 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Some spaces I visited in the later chapters only were pretty crowded, so I guess at least some animals spawn no matter what.
Post Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:47 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Allright, since this IS the Spoiler's forum and this thread IS for questions to people who have the full game.......

Has anyone found a way to join more than one group/camp? I loved the trick you could use in G1 to become a Guard and still be able to join the Mages later. Has anyone found something like that in G2?
Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:51 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Originally posted by RobKob
After playing as a mage, I'm now playing as a paladin. Just yesterday I got my invitation from the Thieves' Guild. And I can confirm that Bosper's bow IS marked. In the description it says Bospers Jagdbogen or something like that.

You're pulling my leg, right? The bow must have been positioned after a stash of coins(?) so that it automagically jumped into my inventory (along with the coins) where I only noticed the Jagdbogen label.

Oh well, I told you I'm always in a hurry to save the world. :p
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:10 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Originally posted by TheCleric
Allright, since this IS the Spoiler's forum and this thread IS for questions to people who have the full game.......

Has anyone found a way to join more than one group/camp? I loved the trick you could use in G1 to become a Guard and still be able to join the Mages later. Has anyone found something like that in G2?

Well, you could be in the thief guild and still choose one of the other guilds.
Apart from that, I haven't been able to be a member of 2 camps. But in the first chapter you can do most of the quests of the other camps until you make your decision.

Kay
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:46 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next