Usergroups
Big Battle Time!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Big Battle Time!

I just spent a lot of time printing out insert codes for Old Camp Guards and New Camp Merceneries. I plan to stage this enormous battle in Chapter 1 on the "high plain," which is the area before the mountain fort (I'll kill all the creatures there first). Now, I decided to stage this in Chapter 1 instead of any of the other chapters so I won't have a guild, and nobody should pay attention to me (I might get hit by a stray bolt or arrow, but I'll use God mode). I didn't want to do this in chapter 4 because I it would be too much hassle with the Old Campers attacking me, even if I was somehow guildless.
Now, the thing I need to know how to do is to set the factions against each other. I want to know how to make the Old Camp hate the New Camp and vice-versa. Can anyone help me?

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:27 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey ther MageofFire,

Would be "cool" if you could do it, i remember you asking this a while back.

I have tried several way's with this, its a problem, whenever i've inserted characters next to each other they dont normally fight. Non active npc's are also a waste of time the just stand there a get hacked to death. You must use real characters, even then they will walk back to ther spawn waypoint but you could edit that in the zen file?

The inherent assess codes for characters guilds lie deep in the game code.
Maybe you could save a zen file (hero export) of a changed guild character, then hero import to each one of your "army" ?
You may have to experiment, maybe try animals guild number insert
REMEMBER NOT TO SAVE YOUR GAME after the hero export, but restart your army setup saved game, till you get the right setting, the zen file will still be there.

Study the zen file, therein lies all manner of tweeking?
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:40 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

bloodflys and scavengers fight each other so if you changed 1 team to the same guils as a bloodfly and the other team to scavenger that might work
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:18 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Thanks Wulf, but what is the zen file? Also how do I change it so they won't go to their waypoints? I think I know how to make them hate each other, though. When I do the "edit focus" thing, there is a part listed that says "faction," and there's a number beside it. Maybe if I looked at an orc's faction number, then changed all of one side (Old or New Camp) to this number, they would hate the other group and vice versa. Then I would just posess a meatbug so nobody would attack me and watch the ensuing chaos.
I have already experimented with battles between guards and orcs (I press F9 to freeze everything and then I insert everone I want to). I did it in the orc land, and the guards won, with four members surviving. Two of them started to go back to the Old Camp (One of them leaving bloody footprints behind him ) and the other two went to fight other orcs nearby. Of course the two that chose combat didn't last long, and the two that chose to go home ran into a pack of orc dogs and died.
Oh, is there a way to change someone's abilities without focusing on him? It would be easier for me.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:55 am
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah big battle are really cool. I remember when had a never ending battle with about 25 Lesters and 50 bridge golems. Man was that funny! There were Lester going everywhere. I know I could of edit their abbilities but im to lazys Well anyway I have o screenshot of one of my battles, but I dont know how to paste it to the forums can someone help me with this problem.

save~save~save on slots~slots~slots
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:05 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@MageofFire,

The secret IS IN the zen file,

When you do the hero export thing of the exact character you want, stats, armour, guild, spawnpoint, routines, inventory, and many others, you must then come out of the game and go to your Gothic/saves folder and you will see a "zen" file. which you open with any text editer (notepad). You can have many zen files of the "styles" you wish. Change the values to known values that you have found by looking at the stats of the character state and there condition (follower/imortal/fight routine/magic/etc' etc'.
Then you could for example possess 20 meatbugs in turn, and hero import of the selected zen. You will gather by this that the waypoint is also in the zen.
Go to the high-plain area, insert command TOGGLE WAYPOINTS you will see the invisible paths in the game are now highlighted, follow the one to your desired point, make a note of the main intersection point (you will enter this in your zen file) to test this just enter command GOTO WAYPOINT BLAH,BLAH.
A meatbug, you see, has its waypoint where you insert it, a definate character has a set waypoint.
When you enter HERO EXPORT command put a number or letter after it so you will know different ones, e.g hero export 1 could be your guard hero export 2 could be your orc and so on, that hero import can be done at any point in the game, so you could start a new game and hero import npc's/monsters from previous games.
You edit someones abilities by possessing them, then EDIT ABILITIES.
You can apply overlays of the possessed, for example, possessing a guard and enter OVERLAYORC and he will appear as an orc although he will keep the same character, you could walk through the old camp like this and not get attacked.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:25 pm