Stupid Ordinators
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
banditodevida
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Stupid Ordinators

I'm having a problem with those stupid ordinators in Vivec. Lately, whenever I go there, they attack me on sight. Problem is, I don't have a bounty on my head, much less, a bounty high a enough to envoke a death warrant! And It's not like I have any of their armor on either.

The only thing I remember doing that may have pissed them off was when one of the ordinators attacked me for having that armor on. I killed him in 'self-defense.' For a while after that they didn't attack me. But, for some reason, now they have started to attack me.

It is, of course, quite bad to have hordes of ordinators attacking you, and is quite frustrating !! Please help me if you can!

BDV
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:02 am
Corran-Horn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have that problem with not just Vivec Ordinators, but guards in several places including Balmora and Ald'ruhn. It started after a couple of very bloody incidents caused by me being a bad boy

My theory is that if you get a very high bounty ('Death Warrant' or close to it) in a particular city (and perhaps if you get caught wearing Indoril armor in vivec) and have to fight your way through a swarm of guards (and then you go to an NPC and pay him to get rid of the bounty) there is a bug where the guards will not get their memories reset when they respawn; they continue to ID you as a criminal with a wanted level of 'kill on sight'.

The Ordinators may also attack like this because they recognize you as someone who's supporting heretics (I dont know where you are in the main plot, or if this is really why they do this, so that's all I'll say).

I am levelled enough that guards are no problem for me to cut through, but they're still annoying to have to fight every time I'm just passing through a town. I've taken to using Levitate to avoid them - if you fly a ways above eye level (say just above single-story rooftops), they won't notice you. Stock up on scrolls and items that cast Levitate, and learn the Levitate spells if you have magic ability. If you prefer to stay on the ground, then you want Chameleon or Invisibility effects instead.

Sometimes I'll let them spot me, then use a little Conjuration while I'm levitating above their heads. sit back and watch my 'friends' deal with the guards. Don't do this in a square that's crowded with a lot of civilians though, if one of them gets hit, the blame goes to you.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:30 am
banditodevida
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah but see, I've never had a bounty on my head. Whenever I want to kill someone I taunt them enough for them to attack me. But these ordinators seem to be trying to kill me for no reason that I can see.

And the fact is, my guy is only lvl 10, so fending off multipule guards is a real problem for me. And it's too bad, I was really starting to like Vivec....
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:22 am
sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm having that problem...it sucks ass. I thought it was becuase I was a ringleader of the Thieves Guild, and ordinators are all about being, well, orderly. Stranger still, not all the ordinators attack. the ones that dont are actually cool with me, too.
Im on level 32, and im not wearing their armor. just doing jobs for the thieves.
i dont have that prob with any other guards in any other city. hmmm...
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:49 am