Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is it just me or is this game really unbalanced?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I'm in chapter 2 in Gothic (The minecrawler nest) , joined the Brotherhood, and am having a really difficult time because i'm supposed to go on this quest where the creatures are way to difficult. (Get the focus in the tower with the skeletons.)The thing is, i see all these other places on the map where it looks like i'll have to go later in the game and the monsters there are actually easier! For example, the minecrawler nest, which i assume i'll be sent to later in the chapter, seems actualy easier than this dungen. So I have to clear a hard dungeon to get an easier one? That doesn't make sense! Am I missing a task or something? I've talked to everybody and the only mission i can do is the focus one, which I won't be able to till i'm like at least lvl 12. I've got rid of the competing weed makers in the new camp, and have delivered the weed to the old camp. Are there any other tasks I can do besides find the focus? If so nobody is giving me a task. I'm also running out of monsters to kill so i'm not even sure i'll get to the lvl i need to complete the dungeon. Is there somebody I haven't talked to yet? Or do I just have to keep killing things till i get to the lvl i need to be to finish the dungeon?
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:06 pm

Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I dunno. I'm only playing the demo, but I will buy the full version when it will be released in Norway!
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 12:02 am
Leandar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

SPOILER ALERT

Friend, first off you must know that the focus is not in the dungeon which you speak of. I made the same mistake. The focus is farher down, one of the novices is holding it. In order to retrieve it you must knock him out.
I, on the contrary, am finding the game more on the easy side. once you reach level 11 combat becomes very rewarding.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 5:22 am