Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Fallout 3 (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
ElNico

Fallout 3!!!!!!

o yea so this finally came up....i cant believe that they finally decided to make the 3 of the fallouts. Fallout 2 rocks (i still play it) i hope this 3 game will be as good and even better than fallout 2, i hope bethesda software makes a the best game like interplay did when they made falout 2.
Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:22 pm

ralphrepo

The vapor is getting so thick it's hard to see around here. WHEN is this sequel ever going to appear??? With such a powerhouse franchise as the FO, FO2, FO:BOS series, I can't believe that Bethesda is still dragging it's feet when they could be ringing up the cash register.

Ralph
Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:18 am

Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I'm sorry Ralph, but they can't release an unfinished game.
Bethesda has been working on The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion and only when they have completely finished working on Oblivion will they start developping Fallout 3. So we still have at least 2 or 3 years of waiting if I'm not too much mistaken.
By the way:
No Mutants Allowed is following a lot of post-apocalyptic games and Fallout 3 is one of them. The site also offers a lot of information on Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.
Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:43 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by Pladio
Bethesda has been working on The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion and only when they have completely finished working on Oblivion will they start developping Fallout 3. So we still have at least 2 or 3 years of waiting if I'm not too much mistaken.

The fallout team is mostly a seperate team, there is a little bit of overlap though. It is still in the pre-development phase so your estimate is probably not far off. This information is based on the last interview NMA had with bethsoft.
Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by bjon045
quote:

The fallout team is mostly a seperate team, there is a little bit of overlap though. It is still in the pre-development phase so your estimate is probably not far off. This information is based on the last interview NMA had with bethsoft.

I thought they all worked together to finish Oblivion first, except maybe one or two people for ideas and such. I also thought that once they finish Oblivion they will all start really making FO3.
Well, might be very wrong as I don't check it very often.
Oh and then I still have lots of time to check up on it, 2 years
I hope Interplay goes totally down... IF they would have kept the FO team, they would have enough money to last for at least a little while....
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:13 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:

I thought they all worked together to finish Oblivion first, except maybe one or two people for ideas and such. I also thought that once they finish Oblivion they will all start really making FO3.
Well, might be very wrong as I don't check it very often.

Bethesda is one of the largest entertainment software companies in the world, and the 3rd largest private entertainment software company in the USA. They have MANY development teams and also outsource for MANY products. PoTC 2 is in pre development as is Fallout 3. Oblivion and IHRA Sportsman Edition are close to completion and Call of the Cthulhu was recently released(outsourced).

quote:

Oh and then I still have lots of time to check up on it, 2 years
I hope Interplay goes totally down... IF they would have kept the FO team, they would have enough money to last for at least a little while....

I doubt it had anything to do with the FO team. They published BG, one of the most succesfull games ever, and still couldn't stay in business, there must have been something seriousily wrong with their management.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:24 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

When you say they have "MANY" development teams, I think you are over-emphasising it a little. They do indeed have multiple teams but PotC (Akella) and Call of Cthulhu (Headfirst) were developed by independent studios - and published in some territories by Bethsoft, with the publishing agreements coming after each of these titles was long under development.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:03 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I was just trying to get across that it's a big outfit that has enough people do a bit of work on another project while the big one is underway. I agree MANY was an overstatement though I know you are talking about the first PoTC game but I was talking about the second one which is not being developed by Akella but 7 Studios with the early development work close to completion and is slated for release before the second of the 2 sequels hits the theatres. I am pretty sure you will see a few BethSoft employees in the credits for the game too.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:55 am
Foss
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am looking forward to this alot.

Fallout 1 & 2 are the best games I have ever played.

But, its hard to followup up such big hits, and expecially since it was during the late nineties which were some big years for RPG games.

But i really hope Bethesda can pull it off.
Their latest game, Oblivion, dissapointed me a bit, and I felt it was dumped down and didn't felt much like an RPG, compared to Morrowind. I understand that by doing it they could get alot more people to play the game.
But, I trully hope they hold true to the original Fallout games.
Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:53 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I'm looking forward to Fallout 3. I just hope Bethesda doesn't simply take the Oblivion 'engine', populate it with mutants and call it a Fallout game. As much as I like Bethesda, I just don't see this working out very well, IMO.
Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:37 am