Fallout 3: Interview @ Telefragged
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Fallout 3: Interview @ Telefragged

Telefragged are next to have a 'Fallout III' <a href="http://www.telefragged.com/interviews/fallout3/" target="_blank">interview</a> with Bethesda's Pete Hines.<blockquote><em>Fallout fans are all in a tizzy over the news that Bethesda Softworks has picked up the rights to develop and publish Fallout 3. This sequel was in development at Interplay/Black Isle and was canned (along with the developers) after a significant chunk of the game was finished. Now Bethesda's at the helm, and I got the chance to ask Bethesda's Director of PR and Marketing about the recent announcement. As with other recent interviews, there are just some things he can't answer just yet, but I still managed to squeeze a bit out of him.</em></blockquote>
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:34 am
Lucky Day

man, reading this interview is like watching the press conferences during the Gulf War.
Its been 3 days and some people want the game made already. I'd hate to have Pete's job.

This reminds me the way the rules lawyers hammered ToEE. It was the most faithful game to the 3e rules ever made on a computer and it wasn't good enough for those clods.

What is really nice about these announcements and responses is the number of people telling these fallout freaks to lighten up. I've never seen that before.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:37 am

Pinky's Brain
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Troika had honest intentions ... Bethesda's expressed intention is to stay truethfull to their own style over the style of the previous 2 games in the series.

Expecting them to stay truethfull to the atmosphere, or the wide amount of ways of achieving objectives or any of the other things which made Fallout1&2 what they were apart from Iso&tb is silly optimism. They have already turned their backs on a large part of what the games were, more can only follow.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:42 pm
Greym

nod

The Fallout games were immensely popular because of their attitude, atmosphere, and gameplay. From the comments of Bethesda so far, it sounds like they will ditch these concepts.

IMO, Fallout 3 will stink. I wont buy it.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:51 pm

Dogmeat 3.0

ruff!

Woof! Ruff Ruff!
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:55 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Three days and people already know that Fallout 3 will stink and that they will not buy it :]. This is optimism.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:34 am
Pinky's Brain
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Whether it is a good game or not, the choice to be not truethfull to the previous two games is theres ... and if they choose just to just go with what they know instead, then they just bought the license for PR reasons despite all the pretty words to the contrary. From a capitalist point of view that might be fine, but from a moral point of view that still makes them scum IMO. If that is what they end up doing then no matter if it is a good or bad game I will hate them for it.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:15 pm