Usergroups
Pickpocketing is useless?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Chiz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Correct if I'm wrong but is pickpocketing not supposed to work in this game? If I put the sneaking on and go up to a guy and click on him, it keeps saying "Cannot be stolen from". I've tried this on several people, either while their backs are turned to me or even when they're sleeping. I dont get the point of putting it in the game if t doesnt let you use it. Thanks
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 7:17 pm

I belive when it says "Can't be stolen from" it means the NPC does not have any inventory items.

I've only played around with that skill for a short time though so i'm not 100% sure.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:56 pm

everyone's got something in their inventory, even Mud
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:58 pm

xierxior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

no actually the bastards at the weed camp if you kill a novice or whatever there called they dont have anything on them i should cuz i killed all of them at that camp there probly warshiping some demon which is gonna cause problems latter...
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 9:02 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can ONLY steal from regular characters. Like "Digger", "Novice", "Templar".

People with special names like "Thorus", or "Gomez" or whatever cannot be stolen from because they are carrying items that you're not supposed to get, yet.

Even if the person does not have anything in their inventory, you can still take a look.

And pickpocketting is completely useless. This is because it's easier to beat a person up with a 9 damage Bow than to sneak up on them.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:02 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh, and Sneaking is VERY useful.

When you sneak around, you can just walk into a person's hut, and no one will notice, unless they're staring at you.

The trick is to walk up to the doorway normally, then turn on Sneak, then walk into the hut. Then you can turn off Sneaking if you want. You can walk out of the hut normally, but get ready to run.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:06 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yea...I like playing the thief. The Mercs are good though, it's hard to pull one over on them. Being a Pickpocket isn’t that easy though, maybe it’s because I am only at skill level one. It seems like they feel me rifling thru their pockets and start to beat me up. I like the names they call you when you run away…

Sylvio
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:27 pm