FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Wizardry : Tale of the Forsaken Land (PS2, Single-Player RPG
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
YunYammka

WTF!?!?!?!? Wizardry on ps2!? This is a travesty! I call on all loyal wizrdry gamers and all who are true to the spirit of gaming to boycott any this game until it is out on PC!!!
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:11 pm

Banoona

Wizardry

Actually, this game was released more than one year ago for the PS2. It's an excellent game with a good character creation system, a strong storyline, and a big dungeon to explore level by level. It definitely felt like a Wizardry game to me.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to release on the PC. Atlus, a console-only company, brought the game over from Japan. Wizardry games have enjoyed quite a bit of success on consoles in Japan.

Go to the following link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2838089,00.html to check out Gamespot's review (8.5 out of 10) and 55 pictures of the game through a link on the right side of the screen. I didn't finish the game, but liked what I played very much. Personally, I would rate the portion that I played an 8.75 out of 10.

Also, some company is planning on releasing a Wizardry title for the Gameboy Advance. Nintendo is planning on releasing a back-lit folding Gameboy Advance in March, so you might want to give check out the preview of this game at www.rpgamer.com/games/wizardry/wizsum/wizsumprev.html. Last year, the original Eye of the Beholder came out for the Gameboy Advance too.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:25 am

Banoona

I screwed up the link for the Gameboy Advance Wizardry.
Try this www.rpgamer.com/games/wizardry/wizsum/wizsumprev.html
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:28 am

Filtoan

Re: Wizardry : Tale of the Forsaken Land (PS2, Single-Player

quote:
Originally posted by RPGDot Admin
Wizardry for the PS2, more information as we get it.<br><br>Show more about this game

what the hell, Forsaken Isle has been out for a while now on PS2 haha I havent played it yet but I hope its cool
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:36 am

RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

This Japanese take on Wizardry is very good. It's like 1-5 but with really good graphics. Disarming traps is like "simon says" or Parappa the Rapper. It is a great diversion from the normal series. Of course it does not hold a candle to Wizardry 8 on PC. Nonetheless, this is a very under-appreciated RPG for this console. Only for the old-school gamers would I recommend it though!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:16 am