Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
To make Two-handed sword One-handed sword!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Dart23
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

To make Two-handed sword One-handed sword!

I found out a way to make any NPC follow you. And I also found a way to make Two-handed weapon One-handed weapon with only little text editing

Tutorial:

To make two-handed weapon one-handed weapon. You must first choose one NPC to edit. We will use Abuyin for this tutorial (You can find him near the free beer area). First you need to enter marvin mode then take command of abuyin by pressing "O". Then go to console and type "hero export NPC". Okay now save your game and quit. Then go to "saves" folder and open NPC.zen with text editor (Do NOT use notepad). Now since Abuyin is using Dagger find line "ITMW_1H_VLK_DAGGER" there are two of these. Now chance BOTH of them to "ITMW_STURMBRINGER" and save the file. Or if you want Abuyin to follow you where ever you go then find line "curroutine=string:RTN_START_456". Then chance "RTN_START_456" to "RTN_FOLLOW_602" and then abuyin will follow you. Now save the file and go back to the game. Enter Marvin mode. Take command of Abuyin and type "Hero import NPC" In console. And now Abuyin has Two-handed Stormbringer in one-hand. You can drop the sword so the hero can use it. You can also do this the other way to make one-handed waepon two-handed weapon.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 1:40 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey Dart23,

This should be in the G2 spoilers forum, also the items you mention (weapons) can easily be inserted into the game using marvin mode, also the subject with full technical information about followers was pioneered by Imposteraz under the title "tips on followers in G2" it's all there, please try to read previous theads on similar subjects before posting.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 8:25 pm
Dart23
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hey wulf

First i like to say that i'm sorry for posting this to the wrong place, but since this post doesn't contain spoilers i thought that it would belong to the general section.
And second. I do not know if you realised it, but the weapon Stormbringer is TWO-HANDED SWORD and with my "tutorial" I made it ONE-HANDED SWORD. and that i have never ever read from anywhere. Thank you and i am sorry.

And one more thing. Plese try to read my post completely before you complain about it to me
Post Sat May 22, 2004 9:27 pm