Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic seems to have more than meets the eye..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Goldenbeast
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was sitting here trying to figure out a way to have gothicmod.exe check for an english disk or no disk at all so us english gothic owners can play god. Well about 3 hours into that I decided it might be fun to tear through the guts of the normal gothic.exe to see what it had in it.

To my suprise there are more commands for the console than you can imagine! Just one example that you can try while I put a list together for all of them.

ZTOGGLE VOBBOX

Try that one out. I'm sure you'll find it somewhat amusing.

Anyway I stumble across some things that pointed at what seemed to be net code. It looks as though it's almost all there. I'm guessing they planned on putting it in and didn't have time.

On another side note, the actual editor for the levels etc. in the german SDK, well, it's in english. so even though you don't understand some of the tutorials start work on it anyway. If I can't get this program cracked so we can use it then I know someone who can.

If you are interested in helping me with "hacking" gothic to better us english users then either email me or contact me via ICQ #104993483

Hope to talk to some of you soon!
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:51 pm
Goldenbeast
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh hehe, by the way I found a cookie. Someone at PiranhaBytes likes J.R.R. Tolkien

To find it you are going to either need a hex editor "I hardly ever use those" or WinDasm the best program ever
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:57 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe i allready diskovered that some works so you can do the levels you need 3D Studio Max 4 and i got it even so i am trying to do those levels even with that german version but if you will find somewhere or do english version then give me the info
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:11 pm
jackchaos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Guys! I've gotten the Gothic editor to run on my system. You don't need a german cd. I had an error when I simply extracted the zip somewhere and tried to run it and in german it said something about a CD. But once I extracted the files in their proper location, it loaded fine. I've since deleted it. The problem is the zip extracts the files funny, you simply have to move them about inthe proper locations and the editor works.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:57 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Oh, the beauty of programming..

Can't wait to finish up my degree in that!! Maybe I'll get to go work for a gaming company..that would just kick the shit out of all jobs up to this point..

Alas, still quite a ways to go..i've only just begun intermediate/upper C/C++!!!

Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:31 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

There already is a 118 page faq and walkthru that has a ton of things to "insert" into the game. Like Charlotte and armor and weapons and oh yea, all the monsters.
You can insert a second Diego or Thorus or Mud.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:59 am
Goldenbeast
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Not to be rude but what do any of these replies have to do with my post. I am talking about commands NOT in the FAQ. If you wish to post please keep it on topic and be productive about it. Thank you.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:01 pm

Goldenbeast...

but then maybe no one will reply to your topic; it'll drop well off our radar.

relax...and yes, you were rude.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:45 pm

Goldenbeast
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I may have been rude but keep in mind that forums have topics for reasons. You don't go into a topic about knitting and talk about baseball. The topic is created to give and recieve information. I'm sorry if there are some people on here that cannot accept that. If you what to talk about jibberish start another topic. I don't like looking in here thinking someone may have found out something helpful and then being let down by something tottaly off topic. If most of those things where on another topic I would read them anyhow but I need this topic for HELP not HENDERANCE.

Sorry if I am rude but sometimes you have to take a stand. Backing off in the corner and letting your topic go awal is useless to anyone and everyone that might be interested in it.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:59 am

NetCode:

Yes, you found the unfinished netcode. Gothic was originally planned as a Game, which can be played with up to 5 players via LAN. But Piranha Bytes had some problems realizing this Multiplayer mode, without destroying the whole story...so they cut it off.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:42 pm