RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Re: Piranha budget

quote:
Originally posted by eugeneK
I see that most people in the forums don't discuss the feature that makes gothic2 the best rpg ever, which is realism. That would be - the realistic terrain, the wildlife, the social diversity of npcs in the world, but especially Khorinos, and all the small quests there.

You must mean this thread. There are PLENTY of threads about these exact subjects in the forum. It almost all I talk about when I discuss Gothic.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:38 pm
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

I have a question of opinion for the Piranha Dev team. i was wondering what the Gothic developers thought of the "Fan Stories" section of the RPGDot Gothic site. We Gothic Novel Writers spent far to much time than we should have writing and editing these stories. my own (The Demon Master) still has very many flaws in spelling and grammer (cut me some slack, im only 15).

Broken in Exile
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:40 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Greetings to all and to the developers. thank you very much for the fantastic game.

I have one question : just wondering if there will be any NPC in Gothic 2 that follows you around throughout the game? Like Shrat and Mud from Gothic 1 ?

I absolutely enjoyed having Shrat with me....I found him in chapter 1 and since then, I had him following me around all the way into chapter 6.

thanks
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:00 pm
Rasmus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shrat, who is Shrat? Never seen that guy
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:41 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hi Rasmus

he is a swampcamp novice and if you find him...he can be your travel companion all the way to end of Gothic 1. He is tricky to find though.

I can't reveal more since this is the general forum
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:11 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

After you will finish translating the gothic 2 addon to english can you please start making gothic 3? Plz... i have no pations...and i might go to holand in 2005-2006... i will buy it there mayb... our game shops are kinda small... i hope you finish it befor 2005...
Mayb in gothic 3 you will be xardeses enemy or one of his evil troops (you will have to choose... and in every side there are 3 different guilds...
or mayby you can choose your god too...
The meatbugs idia is great i too will pay to see this...
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:48 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The Gothic 3 production has already started.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:19 pm
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

@ Pikkon: they have already started making Gothic 3 but it is still in VERY early development. it will probably take longer than Gothic 2 because they are making a whole new game engine from scratch (if i was them, i would have just gotten the Unreal Warfare engine, ragdoll graphix and everything). of course this does mean greatly improved graphix and, most likely, better gameplay.

if you think about it, these people put in so much energy and so much time into making something simply to entertain others. the statistics are mindboggling.

Broken in Exile
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:48 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

They are not making the G3 engine from scratch. But by the time the game is finished, not much of the original engine (~the one used in G3 )will remain.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:08 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

about gothic 3

...the only thing i would really like to see in gothic 3 would be a really major battle. in a big battlefield, with big armies in both sides. and stratecigal movements would have to be made.....archers....fighters.... of course something like that would need a terribly high processor, ram and stuff. I tried adding about 60 orcs in the valley of mines in G2, and then when i summoned a few armies of darknesses and they were all fighting eachother, my pc almost died. of course i only have an athlonXP 2000. but i guess with the new grafics engine and higher processors that will be out by the time G3 is out, this might be possible.
this is my only request. about everything else i'm sure PB will do a great job anyway!
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:43 am
Pikkon

Yeah... that will be greate.. mayb in gothic 3 they can add horses too.. you can ride and fight... but you will need extra food for the horse or he will die... you will have your hp and the horse hp.. and whan entring the city you must rent a stable... cost 1-10 gp per day... now that will be cool 2!!!
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:22 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

One thing that just occured to me that would be excellent (And that I dont think anyone has suggested yet), is interactive/deformable terrain.

For example, you could have things like:

Rock Slides
Castles actually getting damaged in real time by the Orcs/Dragons etc.
Caves that can collapse

It would be kind of cool to see the orcs and dragons destroying the landscape and actually watching them pull down the trees etc ala LOTR.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:49 pm
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

hhmm, i read an interveiw some time ago and i thought he said they were building it from scratch. hhmm, i think ill read that interveiw again.

Broken in Exile
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:53 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

@Scribbles: I talked to one of the devs four days ago, and he told me they decided not to build it from scratch. It had been the original plan, and perhaps they'll throw out the last rest of code of the licensed engine once they have modded it enough to do their bidding, but right now G3's core engine is licensed.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:58 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Pikkon
but you will need extra food for the horse or he will die...

oh god please no! I can't stand it when games do that. Just make the horse automatically eat some grass when you stop or something.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:05 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next