Usergroups
Gothic II demo - spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Hmm, can someone train me in the demo? I can't even use the rusty axe i found.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:01 pm
SlamDunk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Rawis,

Press TAB --> highlight axe --> press left mouse button. You can not wield the rusty axe (the one in the tree trump?) because you don't have enough strenght to use it.

I discovered a bug in the demo. My torch was lit, I saved the game, died, loaded the game, discovered that I did not have the torch anymore...
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:07 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by SlamDunk
Rawis,

Press TAB --> highlight axe --> press left mouse button. You can not wield the rusty axe (the one in the tree trump?) because you don't have enough strenght to use it.

Yes, that was exactly what I said... at least what I meant. That was why I asked if someone could TRAIN me so that I could rais teh STREANGHT.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:09 pm
SlamDunk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oh, I misunderstood then. My bad
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:12 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by SlamDunk
Oh, I misunderstood then. My bad

Ah, no problem.

Anyway, it would be more fun to play the demo if you actualy could explore the countryside alittle... there are some tought enemies there.

But with 10 in streanght... yeah.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:16 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Well there's a guy that can teach you to handle a bow, but I don't now anything about str.
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:08 am
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

For Str:

Spoiler;

Try the guy working on the forge inbetween the docks and masters area.
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:17 pm
oPPonent
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Game

wow, im german and im playing the game right now, it is the best game i have ever played and before i started to play the stroyline i explored the for more than 8 hours =) I found so many caves and secrets and and and

I cant imagine that anyone dont like that game.

Im very sorry for all english speaking people who have to wait another month? to play that great game. I can also imagine how difficult it may be, trying to understand german language.
If you have any questions, pls ask me in this thread. I dont exactly know how long the demo goes but im quiet sure that there are all "entering a guild" quests inside?
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:44 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Jay, thanks for the <spoiler>. I'll give him a shot.

Did I mention that I dislike Black Goblins and Orcs?
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:28 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

The batlle system is a litlle diferent. First of all when you highlight an enemy your character turns around when the enemy moves ( it help a lot in gothic killing several goblins at a time was a nightmare ), and it's harder to block a strike.
Question: I thought that minecrawlers live only deep beneath the ground, so what are they doing near the farmers eating grass like cows? Or maybe PB only wanted to show them in the demo?
And about the guy on the fordge. I talked to him and he says something ( I think ) about becoming his aprientice. He doesn't want to increase my Str, so do I have to bring him something?
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:00 pm
Lizzy
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I've entered the Castle in the German Demo after paying 100 gold, and soon after a message appears on the screen in German. Does anyone know what it says?

I also managed to get passed the paladins guarding an entrance to another part of the town. It's pretty empty though. What do the paladins say?
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:22 am
SlamDunk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I didn't pay any gold to get through the gate. I just talked my way in even though I don't understand German at all
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:37 pm
Urnakh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
I've entered the Castle in the German Demo after paying 100 gold, and soon after a message appears on the screen in German. Does anyone know what it says?

IIRC, it says that you've completed the demo quest(getting into the castle) and that you can continue playing if you want.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:43 pm
sfar200213
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Demo

Ive got 64 gold and ive been on the demo for one hour and 5 mins. I have found loads of areas i didn't even know were on the demo by venturing through the mountains near Xardas's tower. I located Lester and i think he was pleased to see me (i can't understand what he says). Ive also found bow and arrows and some massive lizards called warans (from gothic 1) I then got killed by some black looking wolves who ripped poo out of me in one bite. How do i get in the castle? this game is super greatness, cam't wait for the english release!
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:19 pm
oPPonent
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok, you have 3 different ways to enter the City. 100 Gold entrance fees is the first and maybe easiest way to enter the city.
The trader who is sitting on the street may offer you the second possibility to enter the city. He will give you a admission ticket if you are willing to do him a favor later in the game.
The most complicated but also most interesting way is to help the farmer and his wife to get some farmer clothes from him:

The first job you have to do for him is pulling the turnips next to his barn. After that he will say to you that his wife has more work foe you to do.
His wife will give you some money for a new pan you have to buy from the trader.

If you had accomblished the jobs, you will have to pay 50 gold for some new clothes you will find in a box next to the beds in the house.

The shepherd next to the barn would be very pleased if you eliminate those 3 Bandits on the way to xardas tower.

edit: in the discription of the demo is written that there are many quests in the city are also available
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:58 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next