Valley of mines. Problem :(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
FimbulWinter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Valley of mines. Problem :(

Hello everyone, im new.. so this may be up several topics all ready, but i didnt realy find them so i made a new topic.

My problem is that im in Valley of Mines now, my lvl is 9 (!) i'm a mercenary. I have killed several orcs with the hit & run back to fort tecnique, but in the long run i find that extremely boring. If i venture into the mainground on valley of mines i meet nothing but Orc Warriors, Orc Shamans and Orc Elite (!), their FAR to high lvl for a lvl 9 bow mercenary with Elm bow (35 damage), im also short on arrows (as that matter), just so u understand my problem thou

I would realy appreciate all tips and hints.
Best regards, Fimbul.
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:49 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the forums!

Lord Hagen didn´t order you to kill Orcs, he asked you to bring him the proof that there are dragons in the valley of mines. Buy some pairs of transformation scrolls and save often and in different slots. If a humans sees the transformation you have to reload.
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:50 pm
FimbulWinter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you very much:) when we are in there now, who on the castle sells those scrolls?

Thx btw;)
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:13 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hehe thats the irritating part no one you have to go back to the city or monastery adn yu also neeed to to be caredul with which spells you are using because if you go wandering into orcland as a sheep everything in sight willl come running over to slaughter u. The best is probably sumthin like lurker of snapper even as wolf if you run into orc it will try and kill u.
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:51 pm
FimbulWinter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thats why i starting my new mage today XD So i can undo all wrong things i've done >_< ttkekepop
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:16 pm
-Jekyll
Village Leader
Village Leader

If you study your map enough, you will find shortcuts that are fairly orc-free to the locations that you need to go. If the Orcs spot you and begin to chase you, they will eventually give up on the chase. Other than that, save a lot and run a lot. You'll be able to return later in the game and teach them all a lesson
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:39 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What I do is this:

Run around the castle in the VoM and "round up" the orcs without getting killed.

Then run to the battering ram (the one you use to get into the castle) and stop at the bottom of it. The orcs cannot walk up it or hardly near it for that matter. You can kill EVERYTHING in 3 or so trips.
Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:16 pm
FimbulWinter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

With the crappy Mercenary armor i cant realy take on shamans, fire ownz me ! :\
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:25 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FimbulWinter
With the crappy Mercenary armor i cant realy take on shamans, fire ownz me ! :\

that is actually correct the only hard orcs in VOM are shamans if u are weak cos they shoot with theyr fireballs all other fighters u can kill on the ram
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:32 am
Kaboodleschmitt
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Personally, I travelled to the vom, took one look at it and all the orcs, left, then powered on wolves, etc., until I felt strong enough to go back.
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:36 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I kill every orc in VOM the first time I'm there. It's great for points. I find I can thin out the orc numbers around the castle by circumventing the castle wall in the ditch and killing all the ones that get triggered. Then I move further towards the edge of the ditch and do it again. The ram trick works well too.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:57 am
Hawkeye
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well where are lord hagens friends the plandans im supposed to find and how am i supposed to prove that there are dragons. i have in the valley but it got dark and i was forced to leave where are those paladins in there.

- Xardas
Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:36 pm
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Spoiler:
well for the first thing u must find and return with news of how many Ore have the three mines given and take it to the guy in charge In the VOM then when u get him that info which is alittle hard lol u have to get clues fromlike the mines cuz ones empty!! or someting then he gives u a letter and then u just give it to Lord Hagen. For the Orcs thing if i wereu ill go and get myself that ORC Slayer ontop of the pyramid and like some strenght like lvl 12 or someting and go in ther and take 1 at a time thats whut i did i just cleaned the whole army surrounding the damn castle lol, while beign at lvl 10 then when i was done i was at lvl 14 lol and alot of cool stuff like rings and potions... Well ther u go!!!
[/spoiler]
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:08 am