Usergroups
FAQ Thread - Low Level Tactics
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

The hiding place with 4 chests with valuable stuff is on an island with 5 lizards behind some foliage. Jump into the water in the harbor of Khorinis and swim to the sea. After a while an island will appear. Atilla has the key for the first chest. The combination for 2 of the 3 other chests is RLLRRRL and for the fourth chest you need a key too, but I don't know which one that is.

Also a leather bag in the field with the mill in it near Onar's farm.

Goblin Berries in the field with the 2 scavangars (not 6!) near the rock = +1 dext and needed for Constantino's quest.

King's Sorrel can be found on your way to the tavern when coming from Khorinis. Near the stone steps. Not the one on the left where a goblin is standing in the beginning of the game, but the one on the right which leads to the valley near Khorinis.

There's a cave with bandits in the valley on your left when going towards the lighthouse.

There's a cave with an orc near the nothern gate.

Last edited by LexXx on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:57 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I have some tips for gold:(im not sure if the've already been posted but i don't wanna read everything i lkie to see everything myself)
1.In lobarts barn there's a leather satchel with 25 gp
2.Farther from Lobart's farm the place like a small Stonehenge site (with some monsters(you can guide them to vino and the farmers and they'll kill the beasts)there's another leather satchel with 25 gp. There are also some blue elders there.

If i find more things like that and i won't forget this post i'll put some more tips.JemyM i liked you're tips in G1 where u can become as well a guard as a mage!!! it was fun playing like that, but it was hard to become a sixth lvl mage !!!!!! TY.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:11 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

A map from the walkthrough of Gamesweb.com:

Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:02 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

There is a hidden button on the fireplace in Xardas tower that opens the porticullis to allow access to the chest with some stuff in the very begining of game.

You can get a 'better' free weapon strg 10 in the dry moat ditch before entering the south gate from Lobart farm (use this to help kill bandits).

You can climb the South gate (first guards meet coming from Lobart's farm) wall by jumping up and over to the right of the south gate entrance guards. You must stand back from wall alittle to keep from bouncing back. The wall is low there.

Another way you can get into the city from the EAST gate by walking up to the lighthouse but turn to the left to avoid bandits and follow the mountain ledge way high all up to the ridge of mountain. Then it will start to go down and slide onto ledge right above thieves guid door and you can jump one way onto the harbor wall next to thieves guild and you are in the city also.

Tip: pickpocket only works on named NPC, not generic ones.

game exploit: any generic NPC that is in the harbor that has something to do (raking, smoking swampweed, hammer, etc) beat them up and take it from them; they will immediately respawn their in-game item again, so rinse and repeat to gain basically infinite free stuff to sell for infinite gold.

Use the Oblivian spell on Ignaz himself and rob him blind. Experiment Quest; the guy was just asking for it, you have free oblivion scrolls to use to gain items that normally would break the game from people with stuff.

Use the free money to pray at the shrines for strength.

Do not forget that one-shot free 2% combat training bonus from Wolfgun in the barrack between 5a-7a while he is training by himself before the students wake up and start.

I am listing stuff that can be done without spending a single LP point. About level 5 -though not having hunting skills with all the extra LP you will have left over in the game's end kind of waste all them skins for good honest money killing low level beast.

Last edited by Xerxes712 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:50 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I have found that snapper body parts are probably the only hunting skill that pays off, becouse of the high number of snappers in the game... But I had more money than I asked for in the end of the game. Even if I would had skipped the hunting skills entirely, I would had more money than I needed at the end.

I spent roughly 20000 on "big stuff" I needed as a paladin, and still I had past 25k left when I ended the game.

On the other hand. Where do you use 350 xp as a paladin?

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:42 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2