Usergroups
Gothic 2 Gold US --> available !!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Starting to get frustrated. It's Nov 23rd now and I still can't find a copy of Gothic 2 Gold anywhere.

I went to Best Buy, Media Play, EB Games and Gamestop today and no one had it.
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:42 am
migwell
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Finally! Got it at CompUSA in the Boston area today, the 23rd. 4 CDs in paper holders, but hey, it's $19.99.

Good luck everyone, it should be available everywhere over the next few days. Very little fanfare from Aspyr, since none of the gaming sites are reporting the release yet. EBGames has the release date as the 27th!
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:35 am
Bladestorm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well i'm pretty angry! I bought Gothic 2 Gold yesterday at CompUSA, went home, installed it, played for a awhile with no problems, then shutdown my PC. Today I boot up my PC click on the Gothic .exe and instantly my computer freezes! I tried it again after reboot but it happened again. I thought I would try re-installing it, but when I went to un-install it said something about it couldnt find the "Install-log" or something like that. So I manualy tried to delete everything I could and re-installed, but it still froze on me when I tried to play. I thought maybe my cd's had CRC errors but I checked them and they dont. Why did it play fine yesterday, yet today not at all? If anyone has any sugestions, please tell me?

Thank You
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:44 am
Sly Boots
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Also thought some of you might like to know Amazon.com is selling it for $14.99. I'm tempted to get it for the expansion pack (Gothic II was amazing), but I've gotta beat Morrowind first!
- Spinal Tap's Stonehenge
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:41 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Does anyone know if any of those ship to Holland??/
Caus Amazon doesnt
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:50 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

And behold, it did come to pass, that on the morning of November 25, 2005, a package did arrive upon Val's doorstep. Twas a small package, little more than the size which would contain a book. Val was curious as to the contents of this mysterious parcel. She quickly ripped open the box. As she did so, the Heavens parted and the light shown down upon the glorious contents. Treasures which she had long prayed for; Gothic 2 Gold Edition! Val let forth a mighty shout, crying, "Hallelujah! Praised be the Almighty Lord! He hath softened the hearts of the publishers and granted unto me my birthday wish! Hallelujah! Blessed be the Piranha Bytes developers!"

Well, it sorta went like that.

*installing...* Eeeee!
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:59 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I laughed when i first read this.

Thanks to Gorath for pointing out that after "some" delays, reports of Gothic 2 Gold actually being found in US stores and Amazon customers receiving their pre-orders are starting to pop up on the 'net.

LOL how long did we wait for the addon? one year? two years? cant remember because it was so long ago but any way its not released here in any store and on ebgames site they changed the ship date to 29th they will keep moving it up until they get it.

Not that i care its just a addon and DQ8 is more important right now.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:59 pm
Bladestorm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Val, tell me if it still works for you after rebooting your PC.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:06 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

If it doesnīt work after the first start it means something was modified since you left the game. Typical candidates would be a virus or spyware.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:28 pm
Bladestorm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I ran Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Avast! all updated. They found a few problems, but that didnt help. Is there anything else I can try?
Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:02 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

people always say adware spyware virus scanner etc but thats never the cause it just depends on the computer and hardware i guess ive had a few major problems with games and when i reformatted it worked fine so thats all i can think of.

unless it gives you an error msg or a log of the error theres no way to help really
Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:45 am
Bladestorm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I ran some other anti-virus/spyware programs and found a couple more problems. Then I reinstalled G2 with my other dvd drive to a different directory than the previous installs just for the hell of it. Now when I click on the gothic .exe it doesnt lock up anymore, instead it does absolutly nothing! I give up, lost $20 I guess.
Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:36 am
DarkPrinceSauron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

See if it works on another computer or if you can't do that delete all you're partitions , remake them ,format them, and install windows all fresh and new!
Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:17 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

reformat you're computer do a clean install then install all latest drivers and windows updates etc then install and try if it doesnt work then, then nothing will work

I remember playing FarCry it would just crash for no reason every once in awile wile playing i formatted and it never did it again.
Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:38 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by DarkPrinceSauron
See if it works on another computer

Thatīs an excellent idea.
Invite yourself for a beer at a friendīs house and install it on his PC. Then you know more.
Post Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:41 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next