Usergroups
what r u playing right NOW?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

if you like strategy games, wait for LotR: BfME... it will be the best RTS ever.
(I remember that avatar... from... who was it again? help me out here)
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:27 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Just finished SACRED - absolutely love it playing as a battlemage.

Now:

Struggling with Morrowind
Struggling with Doom 3
Almost finishing TR : Angel Of Darkness
Almost finishing KOTOR
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:43 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm currently playing Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and Need For Speed Underground. Because I just bought myself a lovely force feedback racing wheel. Do I even like RPGs? I have trouble remembering

Hurry up, Arx Fatalis 2!
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Currently (re)playing UU1 and Morrowind/w expansions.
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:20 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Sacred, second time through and this time with gladiator (first run was with battlemage).
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:41 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

UU1
Morrowind/w expansions
CS:CZ (it came with a returned video card, unopened...and I guess I know why)
WH40k: Dawn of War
Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:28 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
Sacred, second time through and this time with gladiator (first run was with battlemage).

Is this a decent game? I recall not being overly impressed with the demo.
Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:23 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Ive played thru Sacred a couple times. It isnt the type of game where your jaw drops from the demo, and youve just gotta have it, then it blows you away when you play it. It's more of a quantity type of game for me, a whole lot of fairly good action play that keeps you wanting to see a little more. It gets monotonous after awhile, you know its a click and kill type of affair with some new frills like horses to ride, and a bit more customization of items than usual.
I liked playing the Wood Elf best so far, she can fire from horseback, makes for some awesome hit 'n run and circle-firing.

Playing-
Saga of Ryzom - MMORPG with no dungeons, barely any documentation, lots of lag, and difficult solo play after a certain level. It's virtues are a bit more things to do when it comes to crafting and gathering of materials, and the Morrowind style of build-as-you-go leveling which makes it a little different. The most annoying thing about this game, is that you must rely pretty much on player-made items after about lvl 20 fighting skill. So basically, if noones making anything you need, you go without. Youve gotta beg someone who can craft you what you need, I hate it. I like to be self-sufficient, instead youre held in check by crafters that just might make you something out of their good graces. If they feel like it. Merely a warm-up for World of Warcraft anyway, dropping it like a bowling ball a week before the free trial is over. Looks like the first French MMORPG is gonna be sorta a flop, I can sense these things. First MMORPG I've ever played where there is a "Surrender" emote.

Warhammer 40k- One of the best RTS's Ive ever played. Ive never liked the squad thing, where you deal with entire squads not individual units, but this game does it well. You arent dealing with so much base-building and resources, your main resource is blood and if you need to sit back and defend youre not playing right. Gritty, and just plain evil units and combat. Some of the huge titan-like units are the coolest thing I've ever seen in a game, period. Plus, you can repaint all the units however you want, and import your own badges and banners, too cool for words.

Edited for editing
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain

Last edited by xSamhainx on Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:29 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

There's nothing like painting your brothers pink and blue (no, I don't mean Chaos marines... my 'real life' Chaos marines are pink and blue, but that's something different) .
And don't forget the intro... it's the best I've seen so far, even better than the Warcraft ones.
In short, Dawn of War is not a stinker, unlike some other Warhammer 40k(-related) games.
Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:28 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

You read my mind! Im about to go in and paint em pink and green and make em a bunny banner and like flower badges. It'll be hilarious!

One thing tho, it is making me want to try out the tabletop version. Im thinking about browsing around online looking at Warhammer stuff, and wondering if there are any San Diego groups...

I hear it's really expensive tho, but I cant imagine it's that bad. it's just a bunch of pewter figures, maps, and books. How bad can it be
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:35 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Recently got the Knight of Honor demo. And from what I have seen, I can't wait to get the full version (I've seen it in the EBgames shops in Germany, but since it's a game from a Bulgarian based studio, I'll be waiting for the bulgarian version).
Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:33 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I;m currently playing the following :

1. Warhammer : Dawn of War - a great RTS. Great artwork and atmosphere. Very visceral and done with style. It may prove ultimately to be one of those games where after a week or two the gloss fades ....but for now it's great fun to play.

2. Rome:Total War - very,very involving. If you like Civ type games, or war strategy games, you will find nothing better on the market at the moment. It is very deep and complex and will take a bit of getting used to if you aren't familiar with the Total War series. Graphically it's a step up from Medieval:Total War. There are some bugs ( from a game this size that's to be expected ) but no game-breakers. Unless you absolutely hate the Roman era this is a must-get-game for strategists.

3. Kohan 2: Kings of War - another great RTS. Not as aesthetically pleasing as Warhammer, but still very fun to play. Has a much better ( and longer ) single player campaign too. Like Warhammer, concentrates on squad combat - not individual units. I get the feeling that this game will outlast Warhammer in popularity. It's deeper in terms of strategy elements and plays better in skirmish mode or online.

4. Spellforce: Breath of Winter - yup, still playing this game. The atmosphere is just superb, and has ( in my eyes ) a great blend of RPG and RTS elements. I can't wait for the next expansion ! The only problem I have with this game is that each "world" takes me hours to complete ...so it's one of those games where I will only play it if I have a lot of freetime on my hands eg a rainy weekend.
Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:21 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
quote:
Originally posted by Danicek

Is this a decent game? I recall not being overly impressed with the demo.

It depends on what you want. It's very action based RPG with linear not very interesting story and not rich dialogues. But it has really (I mean really) big world, hordes of enemies, a lot of weapons, armors...

Currently playing XIII :].
Post Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:16 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Fable
Arena
SW Battlefront
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:41 pm
Amelia
City Guard
City Guard

Mostly BG2 and Wizardry 8 with bits of UT2K4 and Warhammer 40k dispersed throughout.
Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:19 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 36, 37, 38  Next