6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Thread
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

A translation poll!!

hello all the (rpgdot)memmpers who played gothic1,2..
of course you all know about that translation that some guys from this site made i want to make a poll the poll about who agrees with the translation and who deagrees with it and it,s better to wait the english version(the offical) and every one choose an option he must say why please vote in this poll.
The poll will run for Two weeks from today..
Post Tue May 25, 2004 6:36 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think it's great someone made a translation. Now also the people who doesn't speak German can play the game.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 12:21 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I realyy apreciate all the hard wortk everybody has done to translate it but I'm afraid if too many people get the translated version no one will buy the english version anymore as it has come out and that that will make a bad point for an english g3 or even g4. they need the money
but still great work with translating guys
Post Tue May 25, 2004 2:16 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

I think the best thing to do in this case is download the translation the good people at RPGDot have translated but as soon as the addon comes out (probably won't come out in a while) in English go out and get that and delete the translation (no offense to anyone ) but if PB doesn't get money then the Gothic series may very well end . I have high hopes that Gothic 3 will be huge and better if we pay for the addon if it does come out. I support PB all the way and if they need any funding I'll be very glad to donate some money , but you never know only time can tell and the worse thing about this is that I can't play the translated patch because my computer is broken , and in a shop at the moment so I'm at school following the forums and it is very painful to see everyone else enjoying the addon 'cept me! I'll get over it
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue May 25, 2004 3:26 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

eh fix it fix it before all other ppl will play it till the end
Post Tue May 25, 2004 3:57 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I just want to play the real English version with spoken voices and so. And I can't see any reason why a translation could a have good effect on the release of the official version, so I disagree. This doesn't take away that I admire the work that is done in such a short period of time.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 5:12 pm
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Hello guys...
i see that for now the result isn,t good cuz most of the votters choose the first option and this is bad!!!!
Post Wed May 26, 2004 5:00 am
guenthar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

people choose what they want to choose and not just the first option. I'm choosing yes because I would rather *buy* the german version and let PB have more of the money then wait who knows how long to get the english version. If they decide not to do an english version next time then they won't have to pay to make the english version and a group of modders will probably translate it into english. Overall this means PB will get more money to spend on future games to make them even better.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 7:03 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Why do you waste the bandwith with pointless polls, beliarsclew (you've even entered that wrong, the correct would be Beliar's Claw)? What, you have some problems with the translation? If yes, then just don't download and that's it, and don't bother people with useless posts. Those people, who want to get over the incompetency of Atari, will buy the german language add-on, use that mod and enjoy the game. Most of them will anyway buy also the official english add-on, if it ever gets released (I know I would, to get the complete package). Meanwhile, though, we enjoy the game in ways we can, and this translation is one of those.

It's not ideal translation, there are still some corrections to be made and these are being worked on, but unlike you, the people who worked on the mod, and are working on improving it, did something useful.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 9:13 am
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Stupid Whailor

Hey you whailor has someone invited you to this poll, you are just a piece of shit so if you aren't welcomed why you post what do you think here in this poll(in other meaning get lost?)And one more thing i want my name like this (beliarsclew) I MEAN clew not CLAW STUPID one!!!!!
Post Wed May 26, 2004 12:05 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Now now, keep it civilized...

@ beliarsclew:

In regards to your comments that the first option getting more votes is bad, I dont really understand that.

All the first option says is that the voter "approves of the translation". I think its safe to say that most people here APPROVE of it.

If you intended the first option to mean "I approve of the translation, so I will just use that and not buy the English version" then you should have made the poll clearer.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 12:55 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My fellow enthusiasts, please do not heed him. He obviously just wants to troll and get some attention. His other postings were about as vage as this thread and merely serve his little agenda. Nothing else.

Funnily enough he has provided us with a considerable clue in his signature. I took the liberty to immortalise it here.
quote:
Originally posted by beliarsclew

If ANYONE needs ANYTHING!come to me, i know every thing about gothic series expect the addon!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Last edited by Gorn's best mate on Wed May 26, 2004 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 26, 2004 1:49 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe now now no swearing please on those forumus u know we got some very young ppl on those forums also
Post Wed May 26, 2004 2:44 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well Daedalus I swear at myself that doesn't really count, beliar, please post REAL reasons and REAL proof of the addon being released at somepoint at all. If you haven't noticed most this site works on facts not opinion or self-kept secrets. I agree with the translation and I have posted my reasons above already. Real gamers care about gameplay, this translation added ALOT of gameplay and it doesn't hurt business because we have to BUY the German addon first, then if the English one comes out than I'm buying that too so that's twice the money without this patch. Calm down everyone and yes I agree there should of been more options on the poll like: "Yes I agree, but will buy English addon" and "Yes I agree, and will not buy the addon" or "I totally disagree with the fan-made translation" and "Undecided" would be better choices.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Wed May 26, 2004 3:18 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Re: Stupid Whailor

quote:
Originally posted by beliarsclew
Hey you whailor has someone invited you to this poll, you are just a piece of shit so if you aren't welcomed why you post what do you think here in this poll(in other meaning get lost?)And one more thing i want my name like this (beliarsclew) I MEAN clew not CLAW STUPID one!!!!!

You know, I thought at first to post a reply to this clueless masterpiece, but then figured, why the heck lower myself to the level shown in that response. So, nah . . .
Post Wed May 26, 2004 3:31 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next