62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Author Thread
aidzvill
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Should we put FFXI on the board?

I'm just curious why Final Fantasy XI isn't that famous here. So please vote whether you think its ok to put final fantasy in the boards. I AM not demanding. I wanted to know the possible reasons because maybe i'm just blinded by that good game and i there are good rpgs out there that people could probably suggest.
Post Wed May 05, 2004 5:07 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I, personally, don't see the need for one...

This is waaaaaay off topic but I was wondering why the games are called 'Final Fantasy'. Don't you think that if it was seriously the final fantasy that there wouldn't be any more? Maybe they should change the series name to 'Not Quite The Final Fantasy'.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Wed May 05, 2004 5:31 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

FF XI is MMORPG, this fact alone makes it uninteresting regarding forums.

Last edited by Michael C on Wed May 05, 2004 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 05, 2004 11:16 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not see reason for such forum.
Post Wed May 05, 2004 11:17 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

Although I would like to see an FF 11 forum, I don't think this is the site for this game. If you look through the general MMORPG forum, you'll find only a few FF 11 threads and very few replies in those threads. There doesn't seem to be much interest in FF 11 on this site. I'm sure there are other websites you could visit with thriving FF 11 forums.

@ Korplem--"This is waaaaaay off topic but I was wondering why the games are called ' Final Fantasy'"

Squaresoft was on the verge of bankruptcy when they released the original Final Fantasy about 15 years ago. As a joke, they named it Final Fantasy because they were sure it would be their last game. Instead. it was a megahit and Final Fantasy is now the largest selling RPG series in the world in terms of units sold over the life of the series. I guess they felt they had to keep the name for sequels to preserve customer recognition.
Post Wed May 05, 2004 3:07 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: Should we put FFXI on the board?

quote:
Originally posted by aidzvill
I'm just curious why Final Fantasy XI isn't that famous here. So please vote whether you think its ok to put final fantasy in the boards. I AM not demanding. I wanted to know the possible reasons because maybe i'm just blinded by that good game and i there are good rpgs out there that people could probably suggest.

Nobody cares about FFXI.. as it's been said, there's not lot of threads on it in MMORPG general, where you can discuss any MMORPG that doesn't have a forum. If the entire first page of the forum was filled with dozens of people discussing FFXI a forum would be made... but it's just not like that.

I love FF. Therefore I'd probably love FFXI. However the high box price and subscription turned me off. I'm not paying the price of a full length single player game for the honor of paying 15 dollars a month thereafter.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 05, 2004 3:17 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I voted yes, before reading the messages here so far. I assumed the game would be more popular (it is available on PC and PS2 in America now, isn't it?)

Oh well, shows what I know. I agree with what EX said about ongoing payments, not that this is something only FFXI is guilty of. If I was to pay a subscription for one of the major MMORPGs, this would probably be it* . But I'm not. Rip-off, IMO.

*I'm interested to see how Ryzom turns out, but I'm expecting... exactly the same as every other PC MMORPG. The gameplay videos don't do anything to convince me otherwise. Which makes me wonder - how does the combat work in FFXI?
Post Wed May 05, 2004 11:52 pm