Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Knife of Dreams (Wheel of Time, Book 11)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Kengo, you'd be better not believing a word Bobby says about it. Remember, he's the same man that intended to finish the series in 3 books
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:59 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Armageddona
Kengo, you'd be better not believing a word Bobby says about it. Remember, he's the same man that intended to finish the series in 3 books

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:59 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

@Kengo: New Spring #2 Preview. The first issue became available last month.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:35 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Val
@Kengo: New Spring #2 Preview. The first issue became available last month.

Cool! Guess I'll purchase an issue and see if I like it, then pick up the graphic novel later. That's what I am doing with the Drizzt comics.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:39 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yeah, I usually wait for the trade paperback as well. I want to read it all at once. I got their Hedge Knight trade and it was great. So, I've got high hopes for this series.

Looks like they're also offering a special print of some Wheel of Time artwork here.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:01 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Looks like they're also offering a special print of some Wheel of Time artwork here.

$150.00???

Waaay to expensive.

I wish he would do e-signings like RA Salvatore or Terry Brooks. None of these authors ever tour anywhere close to me, so it's cool when they do stuff like sell a new book at cover-price and sign them for a limited time when you pre-order from their web-sites.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:46 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Book11 is now available. I purchased a hardcover for $20.00 tonight. So far, it has been getting great reviews!
Post Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:49 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

And I even read one of those reviews. A complete waste of time, in my opinion. Me reading the review that is, it says nothing new, nothing unexpected (as far as review go) and so on.

The book is not coming out here at least for a few months, so in that time I'd have made up my mind if it is worth reading. And you can feel free to spoil everything for me any time, Kengo.
Post Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:45 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

It turned out one of my friends had preordered it the book from abroad and after her finished with it, I borrowed it off

A complete waste of time (mine to read it). While it is true that this time round something does happen and several story threads are indeed finished, the fact remains that those finished threads are those we could have gone without in the first place!

Spoiler:
The amount of suggested female on female action is far too much in my taste. And Egwene is definately masochistic, if you ask me. No normal human being would want to be beaten that much!
Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:25 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Sorry it took me 25 eons to read this Lady! Just finished this Behemoth. It took me a month. Not because 800 pages was too much to handle, just because it feels like a chore to read this series anymore. Now I can go back to having fun reading a book every week or two.

This book was much better than Crossroads of Twighlight, but still really weak compared to the early books.

I love Tuon. I hated how Mat was Tylin's "plaything" in Crossroads.

30 pages of battle details and 700 pages of clothing descriptions?

Book Twelve needs tons of bloodshed and detailed warfare!

Malazan Book of the Fallen crushes this series in so many ways it is not even funny!!!

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

A couple of months ago I bought an autographed copy. I didn't read it though because I gave it to my dad for an x-mas present.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:59 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Sure, it's 800 pages that should have been closer to 400, but I thought this one was decent. Certainly more things actually get accomplished than the previous 3 books combined... The various pieces of the puzzle actually started coming together. I'm not sure how it can all be wrapped up in book 12 as advertised, though.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu May 11, 2006 10:11 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Well, I know it is better than the previous one. However, the fact remains that the previous one is Crossroads of Twillight. On a side note, I dislike RJ finishing up the plotlines I heavily dislike, like Elayne's battle for the throne or Perrin's saving of Faile. Or rounding up the last of Liandrin's 13, a plot line that has been going on for so long that I am not sure if anyone cared about it .

And he won't round up everything in the next book, amyloidosis or not. He just can't.
Post Sat May 13, 2006 6:37 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3