Dark Messiah of Might & Magic(Arx2?)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic(Arx2?)

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC/X360*)

Julian, do you have any more info for us? Do you have Xbox 360 dev-kits?

Developed by Arkane Studios, the team behind the critically acclaimed Arx Fatalis game, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic puts players in a first-person perspective, allowing them to immerse themselves in the legendary Might and Magic universe as never before. It is also the world’s first fantasy action game to feature a complete first-person combat system. It takes full advantage of the Source™ Engine’s exceptional technological enhancements in areas such as character animation, advanced AI, real-world physics and shader-based rendering.

Official Web-site...

http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/darkmessiah/teaser/

IGN vids...

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/736/736193/vids_1.html

Screenshots...

*this has not been announced for X360 yet. Arkane is a small developer and is listed by Microsoft for X360 support. They also coded Arx Fatalis for Xbox, so it will very likely appear on X360!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:37 pm
ermac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Holly mother Mary of Jesus!!!! Did you see the trailers? They had me drooling infront of the monitor in just about 5 secs! Screw Oblivion and Gothic 3. This game will rule! Kengo so many 10x for that info !!!!!
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:27 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

WOOT!!! '

That gameplay trailer is just AWESOME. This is definitely on my waiting list now!
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:50 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

It looks like I will have to add it to my list as well! Wish one of our news hounds here or someone could pry a little inside info out of them and find out if this is to be as close to Arx2 as we get or is it still on the burners. If Arx2 ends up coming after this one, we will be in for some great game play!
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:18 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Trust me, the newshounds are on it.
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:00 pm
ermac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I sure hope that Arx 2 does come out. I'll play them all even if i have to go and steal a PC from NASA
Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:22 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Posted on Aug. 24th? How in god's name did i miss this... the game looks to play like pre-rendered cut scenese of current games... looks great!
Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:36 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm so looking forward to this game, as far as I'm concerned it looks like Arx 2 - I doubt there'll be rune-drawing, but that's a small price to pay. I was pleased to read that the Arkane folks are sticking to the design principles of Arx (and Looking Glass before them, of course) in supporting player choice, emergence, etc. Even at this stage it gives the impression of a re-playable game, like Arx was for me, with at the very least a variety of combat styles to draw me back. Again, it looks like different skillsets can hold their own.

I've got an awful lot of respect for Arkane, they may be making a fairly action-oriented game, but they have what I regard as a real understanding of what role-playing means in a videogame context, and they appear to be continuing and honing the values that Looking Glass upheld (and a replay of Ultima Underworld shows that those values aren't even close to being outmoded). Good luck to 'em.
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:48 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

7 new pics...

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2316_en.html
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:40 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks Kengo. Do you have any info regarding a possible console version? Afaik it's only been announced for PC, but somehow a 360 version (or maybe even PS3, or both) doesn't feel all that unlikely.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:04 pm
Carpathic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

HOly Cow

I Cannot even believe how incredible that looks. (Plus I am a M&M fan from WAY back!) That, is so exciting!
Post Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:05 pm