Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The Golden Ylside. The most challenging battle in the game..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
tylan34
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Golden Ylside. The most challenging battle in the game..

Well if you haven't summoned the golden Ylside yet I recomment it. This is by far the hardest character in the game and will provide anyone with a challenge. My question is how do you use the items you recieve after defeating her?
Post Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:11 pm
Section8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do you sumon the golden Ylside?
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:55 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

(spoilers)

Cast the "Summon Demon" spell with the runes Mega, Mega, Mega drawn before it.

So: Mega-Mega-Mega-<Whatever Summon Demon is>

If you casting level is high enough, you will eventually get the Golden Yslide. If you don't get the Golden Yslide, keep trying until you do.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:41 pm
tylan34
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When you kill it.....

To summon the golden Yside cast MEGA MEGA MEGA AAM VITAE TERRA. If your casting level isn't high enough I think you get a giant golden rat. But If you kill the Golden Ylside tell me what you can do with the Armor you recieve.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:50 pm
Dood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I've managed to summon the Golden Ylside but die immediately. What's the strategy for killing it?
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:29 am
tylan34
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Don't want to spoil it, but....

Ok this is the tough part. I don't want to spoil the fight so I'll tell you how to summon the Ylside without dying and you can go from there.

Go to the town of Arx, preferably into Maria's shop. Stand with the curtain open right next to the back room in Maria's. Cast create field so that a force field appears and covers the entry way to Maria's bedroom. Next, stand right next to your newly created force field and cast the summon Golden Ylside spell so that the demon appears on the otherside of the force field in Marias bedroom. Now you should be fine as this Ylside runs around behind the forcefield but soon your spell will wear off and you will have to fight this thing.

Good Luck
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:38 pm
Dood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

tylan34 - Thanks for the hint. Looks like I was on the right track but in a less than ideal location. Now that I think about it, I don't think I was ever able to create a force field AND summon the Ylside. I usually ended up with a rat. I'll give it a try in the recommended location and see what happens next.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:48 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

kill the rat. after that, use the same summon spell and the golden Y will appear.
Post Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:14 pm
tylan34
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So you kiled the rat...

Ok so you can kill the rat... But have you killed the golden Ylside. Has anybody killed the Golden Ylside? Am I the only one on this entire sight that has killed the golden Ylside?[/i]
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:18 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Only one!!

You are only one I have seen that I remember. I'm not going to do a search, but you should be proud of it. Those words of majic are hard to get to work and hard to get to do the best stuff if they do work. Congrats are in order.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:47 am
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hey do you get Experience for killing the giant rat? If so might be a nice way to lv 10
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:49 am
Vapour_ND
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Killing Golden Ylside demon

If you really want a chance to kill this demon (the hardest of any in the game), do the following:

CAUTION: THIS MIGHT BE A SPOILER. DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS!

1. Collect (distill) and purchase as many health potions and mana potions as possible (you should be able to gather over 30 vials of each).

2. Gather at least 3 quarrels of poisoned arrows. Enchant your bow with a dragon bone -- if possible.

3. MOST IMPORTANT: go down to the Goblin city (the main gate). I assume you've killed all the Goblins by now and robbed the king, etc.

4. If the gate is open and the guard dead, use telekenesis to close it from the outside.

5. Summon the Golden Ylside on the OTHER SIDE OF THE GATE, and step back QUICKLY.

6. The Ylside will not be able to pass through the bars and will be at your mercy -- up to a point. Watch for the magic attacks.

7. Take your bow and begin filling the creature with poisoned arrows. It will take a LOT of arrows. Be sure to stay out of the way as much as possible and take health potions, mana potions or use the Heal spell as necessary.

8. Eventually, you will win and get your reward.

P.S. I got tired of shooting arrows into her, so I snuck around and hit her with an "incinerate" spell. Unfortunately, I don't have the points to wear the armor (breastplate) and use the sword she left behind. Also note that once you start this battle, you can't leave the level. Every time you try, she gets out somehow (I know it does make sense) and kills you. Once you start, you've got to finish it. She's much harder to kill than Iserbius/Akbaa at the end.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:15 pm
Clawmaster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Golden Ylside

Have you ever tried the spell negate magic while fighting her. It really cuts down on the havoc she can wreak on you. Just cast it after she appears or else you'll summon the Golden Fizzle (she won't appear). And the armor is usable. If you dont have the stats to wear it ,try casting bless first and/or equipping some strength enhanced item. You can get a pretty penny for it at the armory too. But if you do succesfully equip the stuff, you cant see it on yourself, it's buggy like that, but it is there, man. Your stats reflect the change.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:18 am
tylan34
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So there are others

So what is the stat change with the armor? I can't remember how much it increases anything. Was it better than the Ylside armor and did it have any other special properties?
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:23 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I was not able to kill this one, well it is too much work. However Vapours tactis should work.
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:40 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next