"Event" Messages Stop Displaying
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

"Event" Messages Stop Displaying

All "event" messages that normally appear in the upper left of the screen stop appearing for me now (Quicksaving, autosaving, skill ups, harvesting results, new locations found, encumbered msgs, etc). It's alot more annoying than it may sound...

When I first load up Oblivion the messages appear there like usual, but after a short time playing (maybe zoning 3-4 times) they just stop appearing. The events are still happening...I just get no text feedback. Oddly if I keep playing for a long time (1-2 hours) they sometimes come back...briefly...only to dissappear again as soon as I change areas. Shutting down the game and restarting it just restarts the same cycle.

I did have many mods installed (30+) but I had been running most of them for over a week without this happening. To be sure, I disabled all mods and it does the same thing whether they are installed or not. So if it *was* caused by a mod, uninstalling the mod didn't fix it.

I have tweaked the .ini file but nothing that would relate to this. Also, the fact that they start out ok, then go away, then sometimes come back, just confuses the hell out of me. It wouldn't do that if it were just some setting that had been switched to "off". So I have no clue what could be causing it.

If anybody know's what's causing this or has a way to fix it I'd love to hear it. I'd really like to know what's causing it before I reinstall (and just redo whatever caused it in the first place).
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:53 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I doubt anyone will be able to give you advice on this. It too mysterious.

I think you will need to reinstall and probably adding the mods/ini changes one by one to see what caused it.
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:59 am