Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A summary/review of the Gothic II demo..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Occasionally, critters do attack eachother, however, they have to be triggered to become mutually aggressive. One such trigger is aggression against the player, but the player escaping. The critters will still be in an aggressive state and lacking a hero to attack they may start fighting eachother. :p

A thing to keep in mind is that NPC's are in a passive state when the player is not around, so after running away you should immediately return to to the monsters, but not cross the line where you get within the perception range of the monsters. Enjoy the show.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:22 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's fun to watch, but often it's not fair fight; it's usually the hunter -> prey fighting, and molerats aren't much of a fight to a shadowbeast..

If you want a real fight to watch, get orcs near town, or the orc elite near the skeletons(skeletons attack anything).

How did you edit the game? Can you edit the armor there(the paladin armor IS in the demo, but not available to the player)?
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:14 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by ghola
And regarding the Piranhas: I'll see if I can direct PB to this thread. An English language oriented forum is probably not the first place PB would start digging for comments on the German game.

It may not be the first place to check, but they're still checking our GII forums. Trust me ...
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:48 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Maylander: It's fun to watch, but often it's not fair fight; it's usually the hunter -> prey fighting, and molerats aren't much of a fight to a shadowbeast..

There are some strategically useful exceptions in the full game. Most notably minecrawler warriors vs. even more powerful critters, but there are other meaningful 'strategic alliances'. Suffice it to say that two species killing eachother can be very helpful to heroes.

And to Jaz, what makes you think that I would trust a little green man with dark glasses smoking a cigar?
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:45 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ghola: Entire species.. like gigantic battles for you to watch, or just two skeletons killing an orc elite(this happens in the demo)?

Jaz: Hmm, yes, guess you're right - RPGdot.com is one of the "official forums" listed on the Gothic II website, so they're probably here somewhere..
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:20 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Ghola: Entire species.. like gigantic battles for you to watch, or just two skeletons killing an orc elite(this happens in the demo)?

Come on, you don't want me to spoil all your fun, now do you? If you play it right, there are several occasions where you can make one group of bad-assed monsters fight another group of bad-assed monsters... and there's something more epic too.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:23 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh boy oh boy! Even if this is a spoilers forum, please don't spoil! You've got a very good point there - don't tell me everything, even if I should ask, OK(I might ask out of temporary madness)?

Come ooooon Piranha-Byes! The voices and everything is done, all that needs to be done is some de-bugging, and then it goes gold - de-bug faster people, faster!
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:49 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

I'll promise to never answer your questions again.

And I sympathise, PB+JW should release the English version yestermonth. The good thing is that you have all the fun ahead of you and I'm certain that you will enjoy the game. That is, if it will run on your system...
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:49 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by ghola
And to Jaz, what makes you think that I would trust a little green man with dark glasses smoking a cigar?

It's not as if it was a polite request... it was an order .

Just as Maylander said, the RPGDot Gothic forums are listed on PB's page.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:29 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

It's not as if it was a polite request... it was an order

I'm a merc/dh, Jaz, and as you should have known, we don't take orders. Now for good measure, I will have to beat you up again.

Just as Maylander said, the RPGDot Gothic forums are listed on PB's page.

As they should be, but I could very well imagine that the PB crew would not be clicking all the links on their own home page each and every day.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:50 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

A merc? Urgh. No sir, in this case I don't want to fight with you. From the looks of your lot I'd say you carry a wide assortment of contagious diseases . Besdes, trying to beat me up might not become you .

As for the other thing - PB folks aren't here each and every day, but at least two visit the boards regularly, two others once in a while, and yet two others have been showing up, if rarely. So just keep an eye on who's browsing the forums.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:59 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

A merc? Urgh. No sir, in this case I don't want to fight with you. From the looks of your lot I'd say you carry a wide assortment of contagious diseases

Ha ha ha. For you, only one is contagious, sheeplover... <shinggggg> <chop>
(crowd cheering: "That's how it is done!"/"You've had that coming!"/...)

Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:21 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

And I thought this was the spoilers forum..
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:00 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've added something to the top, a max level. I cleared the map today(with heavy paladins armor and 101dex through 91 goblinberries by using hex-editor).. the max level is 10.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:53 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

One more thing I'd definitely like to see in the demo, is an in-game map. I hope they have one in the full game since they did in G1. Boy am I lost at the moment!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next