View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Badger Takes To Lurking

Hi All

Not had much to say about DS recently as my schedule has not allowed me much chance to play. But I have been Lurking around during Lunch to see what you are all up to. (Also the Morrowind page, where I am living Vicariously until the UK release next week. NOt that I am comenting there.. because GIVE IT TO ME NOW!! does not seem very constructive)

Where is everybody then? It's soooooo quiet in here.(cue Tumbleweeds blowing by) There's no point in being a Badger style Lurker... if there are no.. er... Lurkees.

I turned in my notice recently to the company where I work. Next week is my last full week. I start at a new place in June and to be honest I,m not sure what access I'll have to the net at that point. I hope the same as here. But if not then I might become something of an infrequent visitor.

With this in mind, I might have a little suprise for some of you next week. But I'll say no more in case it doesn't come off.

Anyway, on that note I had better get my nose back to the grindstone I guess. The Boss is watching me. He's still PO'd that I used the word A.S.S.H.O.L.E in my resignation!

Badger.

NOt really. He's actually a great guy.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 12:35 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm still here Badger!
Of course, I only visit this forum because I'm a Guardian. I haven't even played DS other than the demo. I'm waitling for it to hit the bargin bins.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 5:26 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I've also found little time recently to play DS. I've played with the editor some, but it still is too prone to crashing for me to get very far before frustration stops me.

So what line of work are you in? Congratulations on your move up (well, I assume you are moving up since you appear to have chosen to move to the new job)

-vaticide
Post Fri May 24, 2002 6:54 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Thanks vaticide, I work on a program support desk (Financial at the moment but property management at the new place).

The move is not so much up.. as across really. I am swapping a 45 minute commute, for a ten minute hop. The best part of two hours off the working day was too much to resist

Val, I hope that the bargain basket is not too long a wait. DS was only released here the other week so in the UK at least it would be a real long wait yet.

TTFN
Badger
Post Sat May 25, 2002 11:18 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Good luck Badger!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed May 29, 2002 2:04 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Thanks gig With only a couple of days to go now, I must admit to a bit of stage fright creeping in. I have been at my present company for a while now and a couple of times over this month I would be lying if I said that I hadn't thought about what I was doing and said to myself... OMG!

Ahh well.. best foot forward

Badger
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:23 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

siege editor doesnt crash too much for me....
dungeon siege is soooo great.
bwaha.
Now, the siege editor is in kind of a beta type thing going on... i cant figure out how to play my maps that i made,... anyone know how?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Thu May 30, 2002 1:44 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Can't yet, you need the new patch to use the maps. There is a hack that lets you do it, but I'm a little leery of tweaking my files around as such.

It crashes on me quite a bit, so much that for now I've been discouraged from using it.

-vaticide
Post Thu May 30, 2002 4:32 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

where do i get the new patcH?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Thu May 30, 2002 2:38 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

There is a beta patch out. (who releases beta patches?) at www.dungeonsiege.com I am not using it, I figure I can wait until the real patch is out.

-vaticide
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:40 pm