Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I'm gonna do something similar to Digger's Quest!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm gonna do something similar to Digger's Quest!

Now I'm gonna do something even MORE crazy! I call it Monk's Quest. It's similar to Digger's Quest, but I can use any armor I want. EXCEPT- I can't use any weapons through the course of the game. I might put it on my website, and although I already started I screwed the living f*** up by wasting my first 3 levels on 1 handed when I realized that has no effect on punches/kicks.. Before I got to the Dam Lurker and killed him with 20 str though.

Whaddya think?
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:08 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

sounds quite cool and rather painfull adventure:) allthought you might want to remember those ice and fire golems which you need to beat with magic..and i'm pretty sure you'll get lots of trouble when dealing monsters like demons or templars..good luck anyway
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:26 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Heheheh, I have info to make Part 1! Just tell me, how do I take screens? It doesn't work with the regular Print Screen/Sys Rq key. I took down 4 diggers and all of those 4 times Jackal took ME down.. Heheheh.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:31 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Go over to GothicDot (<-- Hosted Sites)'s contact page. Under the Screenshots heading there's a link to a good screenshot utility, UOSU.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:38 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I thought about doing it unarmed but the truth is you really don't punch fast enough to compete later in the game. The pick axe is blazingly fast when two handed weapons are mastered, and is ok in speed early game as well. Ultimitely, there were parts of the game I would have pulled my hair out on had I not been able to Parry (control-back).

Give it a try, though, and prepare for a lot of reloads. It's fun. Watch out for UOSU (the utility Jaz pointed to)... it always crashed on me at the coolest of times.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:28 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

So far, UOSU never crashed on me.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:56 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The newsbit is up.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:03 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Chapter two is up! In this one, we have a rather unusual picture of two Diegos beating the invulnerable crap out of each other, a picture of a finished off Mud who fell after getting beat a few times and got a ritual Old Sword for the heart. I always use that sword to finish people off, so it makes sense to call it a ritual sword, right? Then there's a strange picture of Scatty who looks high off of Marijuana. I beat him over the head, hence a strange bump. And there's another picture of him, this time leaning towards me, staring at the Fist Using One's loins.. When I pressed Ctrl-Forward, I accidently stepped forward and THEN talked to him, so I was practically was in his face. Don't ask how I managed to get the camera in front of him though. This is fun!! EverythingXen, you were right ^_^
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:16 pm