So many ppl...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Just a bit surprised..

Please know that I've been watching this board for a few days now, and just joined up today and started posting.

I'm a member of a few other msg boards for various games, this is the nick I almost always use. Some of you may have seen my nick on another Gothic msg board or even some other game's site.

My question is relatively simple: Why don't more people post here? There's very nearly 100 members now registered! I know a good number of you are in europe, specifically Germany, or other locations where this game is commercially available. I myself am in Chicago, USA, and until we here in the states can get our hands on a full version, the English Demo and these message boards will have to do!

So I say, post to the most people! I'm sure there's still a lot of members that regularly surf the site and look for new info!!

Post Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:06 pm

Find any music you're looking for by clicking here:

http://hometown.aol.com/motionizer

we will not disappoint.
Post Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:12 am

FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well... That reply was kind of... ODD!

Bad delivery of that advert. But still effective.

You're right, not many posts are done around here. That's simply because this is an English board, but the English version is not release yet. So there's not much to talk about.

We talk about cheating in the demo, a lot. But once you get the hang of cheating, you'll often find yourself making your own cheats.
Then you stop posting.

I'm still here, and I plan to always be here. Until I'm pre-occupied by the English Full Version of Gothic.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 3:22 am
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I think the recent closing of some boards has created a new influx of people and so far it looks like they are posting like mad!

Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 3:01 pm
Crusher
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Oh that telephone lines thay are just !@#!$#$
about the forum i think that FetishFool is right and i am ...
"I'm still here, and I plan to always be here. Until I'm pre-occupied by the English Full Version of Gothic."
And by the way very cool nick :))iplaygames2 he he thats cool man :))
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:27 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Stiletto, which boards closed ?
Some new folks here is from the WoG forums. They even use the same names, and I think it is quite easy to recognize them *eg*.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-10-15 13:33 ]
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:32 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I thought Ren had said a few days (weeks maybe) ago about sites and boards closing??? Hrm, I was just attributing the "All of a sudden here are a group of new people talking up a storm" to some board closing and the now homeless people jumping here.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:35 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Oh, I thought you were talking about some specific sites closing down, not the general situation.

I counted 10 peolple from World of Gothic since Oct.13th.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:46 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I see a few guys from the Operation:Flashpoint forums.
Not as many as 10, but it's nice to know that guys that play OPF play Gothic, too.

It just shows that people are kind of diverse, at least.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:06 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I think that the population of these forums will raise and raise. First of all, I believe there is a good spirit here, friendly and helpful folks, mature in their ways of communication. Second, we opened gothic.rpgdot.com today, and it is announced on the english Gothic site at Piranha Bytes. Third, interest in this game is growing and growing amongst english speaking gamers.

BTW, Torsten mailed me today and confirmed that there will be a Gothic sequel - details about it will emerge after the Gothic release in the US. Nice to hear that

Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:13 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

It's nice to get more people, but as always you start to get bozo's the more people you get. A small size has its advantages <: Going to make it tougher on the moderators, thats for sure!

Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:16 pm
manmouse
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2001-10-15 13:46, Gorath wrote:
Oh, I thought you were talking about some specific sites closing down, not the general situation.

Hi I'm manmouse and I'm a user and presenter from WOG forums.Is at a problem when i post here??I think i can help the new Gothic'er from the english gothic vision.I don't post here too much secrets and cheats from Gothic.
I think this is a honour too post here.I get this forum'swhat is doing here in the future

cy manmouse
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:24 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2001-10-15 16:24, manmouse wrote:
quote:

Hi I'm manmouse and I'm a user and presenter from WOG forums.Is at a problem when i post here??I think i can help the new Gothic'er from the english gothic vision.I don't post here too much secrets and cheats from Gothic.
I think this is a honour too post here.I get this forum'swhat is doing here in the future

cy manmouse

There was no criticism in my post above, I was just counting new members.
Nevertheless I read your post in the corresponding thread in the WoG forum and Iīm pretty sure you know exactly what I did not imply in my post.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:04 pm
manmouse
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2001-10-15 17:04, Gorath wrote:
quote:

On 2001-10-15 16:24, manmouse wrote:
quote:

cy manmouse

There was no criticism in my post above, I was just counting new members.
Nevertheless I read your post in the corresponding thread in the WoG forum and Iīm pretty sure you know exactly what I did not imply in my post.

Sorry i don't understand exacatly in your posts,from On 2001-10-15 13:46 .In my eyes has it looks like that it's not good when is the WOG member's post here in your forums.in the WOG forums start's a discussion about that the member from WOG post here too much secret's and cheat's.But the most people vote this too.I hope in the future we will be best friends here in rpgdot forumīs.You write in your profiles that you comes from NRW-Germany.What town where you come from???

cy you

manmouse
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
You write in your profiles that you comes from NRW-Germany.What town where you come from???

Ups, I forgot to mention the exact location in my profile? May be I simply didnīt want to disclose this info. *g*
Seriously, the two of us seem to have some problems communicating in English, so you can mail me in German if you want to talk.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:56 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next