Horizons: State of the Game from Producer Steve Snow
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Christation
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Horizons: State of the Game from Producer Steve Snow

<blockquote><em>Horizons: Empire of Istaria's producer Steve Snow communicates the latest happenings in the world of Istaria in the first 'State of the Game' <a href="http://www.istaria.com/page.php?pg=news&mid=State%20of%20the%20Game" target="_blank">announcement.</a>
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:06 pm
RPGPorkster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Damage Control...

Like somone trying to save a vehicle left on the beach when the tide is coming in.

Was ShadowBane as bad as Horizons?
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:08 pm

He calls "potential customers" the people who already paid $50. So nice...
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:57 pm

I am betting Horizons will go down as the faster mmoRPG to die. The games has at best another few months, that's if the company isn't in receivership before then.
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:28 am

Christation
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sadly, you may be right. There was a good bit of potential there too. I really enjoy crafting, but my goodness, the lag of it all!

Christation
MMORPGDOT Editor

...Don't rob someone of hope; hope may be all they have.
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:38 am
Greymane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by RPGPorkster
Damage Control...

Like somone trying to save a vehicle left on the beach when the tide is coming in.

They've had some problems, but, in my humble opinion, not any more and in many cases, much less than some other online games.
I hope that everyone won't avoid this game, as it is probably one of the more enjoyable ones that I have played in a long time.
It's just plain fun. There is some lag, especially in the larger cities.. and I'm hoping that will be solved. I highly recommend you have at least 512MB or RAM or more.. and a good video card won't hurt.
Just my 2 cents..
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:45 pm
Christation
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Greymane
quote:
Originally posted by RPGPorkster
Damage Control...

They've had some problems, but, in my humble opinion, not any more and in many cases, much less than some other online games.
I hope that everyone won't avoid this game, as it is probably one of the more enjoyable ones that I have played in a long time.
It's just plain fun. There is some lag, especially in the larger cities.. and I'm hoping that will be solved. I highly recommend you have at least 512MB or RAM or more.. and a good video card won't hurt.
Just my 2 cents..

I'm not being sarcastic... what is it you enjoy so much about Horizons? And how does this compare with other MMOGs you've played?

IMHO, I just feel game play, other than crafting, is so 'in the box'.

Christation
MMORPGDOT Editor

...Don't rob someone of hope; hope may be all they have.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:44 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Just plain fun? Is this your first MMO? Horizons is the most bare-bones MMO i have ever seen yet; at best it is a tad more than a bland EverQuest clone. After they kicked out David Allen, Horizons was GUTTED, and this sequence of events is the true meaning of "player justice." pffft. Just plain boring, i say, and thats putting it mildly. I played AC1 in my day and i must say it was way more fun than Horizons ever will be, even if they patched it up for 6 months.

Face it. Its features are empty promises. Horizons is an empty shell of a BUTCHERED dream-game. David Allen should have been more careful as to what partners he hooked up with before they kicked him out and GUTTED the entire project in favor of this heap of mediocrity.

As a fan of the old project, I cant help but feel outright sad right now.

P.S. I didnt buy Horizons. I stopped playing it in beta. I vote with my money.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:28 am