Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Makato,
Thank you for your "understanding" words, i agree with your view, there are many deeper aspects of faiths and belief's, there is no greater influence of acceptance within oneself than the "truth" it overrides all beliefs, whereas faith in the truth-unknown takes some level of self control, a mans "inner soul" and all that stuff.
However to stay on topic, the speach of the old man is "most definate" it is not a mixture of other dialogues, it is specific to the new quest that he gives to you, appearance as you say, would be easily made up from existing meshes/materials.

@Uriziel (if you are there?)
You words are most interesting, i would like to know more Re- "There are a few important wav files you have not found yet 9's (or did not mention). I found them, but they have nothing to do with the stranger....that quest got removed from G1.......it was about the relationship between the orcs, sleeper, and the undead....and how to protect yourself" <-- *this has a great bearing on what we are seeking here!!*

@ Uocjat, yeah - forget the horn, i've never once heard it in the game, i think it is a "flag" to trigger that pc-hero has been in the orc cave (and got what? - there's only the one orc teleport scroll - and that could flag itself? - wierd !

@999999999, Please post with any new info' you find in the code, especially the one mentioned by Uriziel as above!
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:01 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

What about forgetting everythign about finding this Stranger, what about knowing who he is, maybe he is a poet. As far as I know, in the world of gothic, there is some KNOWN strong megecians, who would that be! Has anything in official sites even mentioned one thing about him, one more thing, When you find his corpse, he looks like a lousy man, how can you believe that a lousy man with a lousy armor held all those strong spells and that knowledge, also, one another thing that stretches your mind even more, WHY wasn't HE capable of defending himself, it looks like he is stronger than Xardas, you gotta forgive me for what i am saying now, BUT I think there is no triggers to be pulled, no things to unlock, there is no strong spells, there is no big tomes, there is no hidden tunnel, THERE IS NO CHROMANIN TO BE FOUND ALIVE.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:49 am
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Hello everybody,
Long time since I've been here I guess, but I was so surprised when I saw this topic still hot! what's the matter guys, is that all loot for the Chromanin?
Why you don't read the book again and find out!

The Chromanin was a sign maybe, a warrior maybe, but was an adventurer, as the book said that he went to several quests, and it was so weird, not alot mentioned, but there's no Chromanin to be found in the gothic world! There's the remain of the chromanin which is the books that we found in several locations in the colony! that's it!
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:06 pm
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hello guys! Don't think I have given up the quest because I haven't!

But my computer is dead and these days it's difficult to try on my mother's notebook. I managed to use the world editor and to load the world but I am not able to compile the ZEN file. So opening world.3ds is pretty unuseful. However I found a version of gothic German 1.08h crack which works on the Italian version, so I'll compare the updated files.
The 0.001K connection is so slow... I have to go.

Wait for me Wulf & Co. !!! I'll soon be back!
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:46 pm
Stryks
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Cd

This probably has been done before, but has anyone checked the CD for code and audio? I dunno about the other versions, but the U.S release doesn't need the CD to run, and it could be that Wulf just happened to have the CD in the drive when the Chromanin was uncovered.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

OH. MY. GOD. This is STILL going on?

I think someone has been dealing you all bad crack.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:40 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

@stryks

interasting notion .. might be worth a try
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:30 pm
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow

I just finished this string of "Chromanin Found".

I feel really bad for those who have gotten swept up in this. It's completely clear that without either a screenshot or save-game from the original poster (wolverine_men) this is false. What I have seen is a lot of good people trying to have fun, through sharing and collaboration, being taken advantage of.

After over 1 years of posts there has been zero proof... zero. Any further pedantic-psychobabel trying to keep the topic going is just a slap in the face. Both to the gamers who have so enjoyed Gothic and the developers who did such a great job.

Without true proof I think this thread is over.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:59 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

to be honest im not even sure the people at PB knows the truth .. propperly only the one person who made the quest .. and somehow i have a feeling that findingf out who that was and getting a responds from the person would be even harder then to try it out ours selfs ..
proof IS in short supply and the thred has offent side tracked and thats why SOOO many people are starting to think theres no such think ..
oh and i'd like to add one think here i've figured out ..
a few of the guys here have been digging through the codes and scripts of the game .. i assume that theres useing the mod kit .. and if thats the case i think that its very likely that we'll find nothing .. i dont trust the mod kit much on that account seens most of it propperly isnt original files ..
i figure this seens the bows in it are 3ds file and un animated .. you wont see this in the game if you use the mod kit seen the script files still call the original mms file somewhere in the gothic codeing
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:18 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

This thread reminds me of religion except I can prove(and have) that this "god" does'nt exist. But people still find comfort in a fantasy.

At least many people have REALLY studied the fine work PB did, and got to enjoy playing it again.

As a Chromanin "athiest" let's review the believers side:

wolverine_man makes a claim
Wulf faintly remembers something
No one else has found anything
There is no code to make this fiction real, but we should believe.....sorry, but without code a computer does'nt generate it.

In other words.........someone says something we would love to believe, but NOTHING supports it's existence. You can't see it, touch it, hear it, feel it, because it is not real, much like religious icons. You can enjoy the dream of it......but it is a fantasy.

Play the game, find new/old things and have fun.......but this DOES NOT EXIST!
Maybe wolverine's silence will finally sink in........you got played.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:45 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have to agree with Uriziel on this, but on the other hand i don´t see why PB would put such an unsatisfactory quest in the game. Maybe it is to give the nameless hero the experience that even he can't solve every problem
Still it would be great if there is indeed a living stranger to be found and it hurts nobody except the searchers themselves if they go on with this, i think nonbelievers such as Uriziel and me must not discourage them on their quest to get as much out of Gothic as possible (besides these fanatics won´t stop anyways )
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:15 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Oh my god!You guys ...ahahahah.... you are still arguing if the Chromanin quest has a solution or not....Which answer is the most logical?I think the most simple one.So the quest ends in the way it ended to everyone of us.
That means find the corspe in the fog tower.End of it.No more wichunting for the "stranger", leave the quest alone in peace,shall you?
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:16 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Ever faithful, ever true, Wulf struggles onward, alone, true-blue - "burnt-out from exhaustion, buried in the hail, poisoned in the bushes and blown out on the trail, hunted like a crocodile, ravished in the corn, come-in she said, i'll give you, - shelter from the storm" (Dylan,1974)
Still trying -searching for the vital connection that will eventually expose the solution to the riddle. As for now i seek no further help, leave me with my thoughts, the clues in the thread will see it through, enough of the scorn from the supposedly true gothic gamers. Sure they love the game - sure they are "experts" - but search your hearts, are they "true" - - the quest is true, my word is true, my aim is true, my memory is true, my purpose is true - but the moral question here is plain, - - to the scornful gothic gamers - - - - "are you?"
Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:33 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

Wulf .. damn man almost sounds like your turning in to the riddler him self
i dont really have many ideas about this quest .. well i got a few but im still working on getting my comp up and running after that hacker attack
but when im roaming through the codes in my mod'ing project i'll let ya know should i find anything of intrest ...

by the way .. i've noticed about 8 vob boxs's or free points at the bluff abit further off from where the cave should be .. thing they are called something like .. plunder ? i think .. whats up whit that .. never seen nothing or noone there
Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:02 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Uocjat, i see you are coming quite profficient, with your codes/data knowledge. I agree with your view on the mod-kit, and good to see you sorted out the hacker-attack!

Over the last few years the exact details are fading, the cave might be a bit further or a bit nearer (i'm doing my best!) so that info' (8 vobboxes) sounds just about right, so it would be well to remember them. Can you link text or data with them? - the first of the of the old man's dialogues was quite long. If you had to "calculate" in metres/yards roughly where the vobboxes were, would they be further towards the fog-tower or the sect-camp?

I've often thought about making a detailed map of the fog-tower passages including some strange/weird further extensions in the passages. (very vague memory of the passage to the swamp)?? - - maybe later.

"Plunder" (looting) chests, this fits in with the chests in the cave! - which contain potions etc'
keep up with the detective work, it could find answers.
Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 41, 42, 43  Next