Usergroups
Pandora, I love you
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Oh good, I get to babble on about one of my fave bands again!

@Krzychu-- All of the stuff of Tristania's I found on Pandora is quite new, and like most bands, the newer stuff isnt actually the best. They tend to sound like a Lacuna Coil/Skinny Puppy type band on their newer stuff. Newest to oldest is :

Ashes - Lacuna Coil/Skinny Puppy city
World of Glass - Symphonic Metal/Heavy Choiric-some distorted vocals
Beyond the Veil - Heavy Gothic Drama-Metal/Operatic-Death-clean goth vocals
Widows Weeds - Ultra-Heavy Oppressively Slow Gothic Doom Metal/Death and Female Operatic vocals

Widows Weeds is probably my favorite, it's so unbelievably heavy and slow, yet such an emotional cd. I'll be at work with my headphones on, listening to some just dirge-like track going on about the "loss of my love and the spot where I died weeping for thee.." and someone at work will tap on my shoulder, pulling me out of this sort of somnambulance and be like

"Hey man, what size is the flange on that ductile iron underground feed tapping into the city main??"

*Gulp* "..uh ......." *blinks* ='.'=

But for your purposes, if you liked what you heard on Pandora, I'd recommend "Ashes" and "World of Glass". Anything earlier than those, youre gonna be getting into some pretty heavy-duty growling death vocals territory and alot of Old English thee thines and thous
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:57 am
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

This track only showed up once, but if I remember correctly it was heavier than Lacuna Coil. Next time something comes up, I'll just check if it's new or old.

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
But for your purposes, if you liked what you heard on Pandora, I'd recommend "Ashes" and "World of Glass". Anything earlier than those, youre gonna be getting into some pretty heavy-duty growling death vocals territory and alot of Old English thee thines and thous

I must confess, I like a little of this and that, depending on the mood. I will probably explore all of them if I get the chance.

@All: Pandora hint: if you reached the limit of skipping, you can still skip a song by changing the station and then simply changing back.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:13 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
They've even got shoegaze selections...

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you're after, but my Ilya and Autolux albums turned up today ("poise is the greater architect" and "future perfect" respectively) and they're both excellent. Have a look here and see if they're to your tastes:

Ilya

and

Autolux

Autolux's homepage is a bit of mystery to me, but there might be some music on there somewhere. Listening to them now, they're probably not exactly what you're looking for, but maybe you'll like 'em anyway...

Good tip, Krzychu.

but say it small so they don't find out!

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:43 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Does it play classical??!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:31 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

It sure does!

quote:
Originally posted by piln
but say it small so they don't find out!

D'oh! I'll remember next time - it's probably already too late now, to edit that one!
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:12 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2