SWG Interview @ UGO
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

SWG Interview @ UGO

UGO have <a href="http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/starwars_galaxies/raphkoster.asp" target="_blank">interviewed</a> the Creative Director for Star Wars Galaxies, Raph Koster to discuss future updates in the game. Here's a snip:<blockquote><em>UGO: Is there any work being done to the missions to make them more varied (rather than just go here, destroy nest, get credits)? <br> <br>RK: You know, that's one of the things that's been an interesting balancing act. The missions were never intended to be rich and complex and deep. The whole point of them was, "Hey, I've got an hour to play. I want to jump in. Give me something to do now." So they're intended to only take a little while, not be incredibly complex. But, of course, players have found them to be a great way of making money. Literally, 80% of the money in the game is made out of missions. That's a huge number. We'd really rather people…you know, the NPC's have quests! And they're like multi-leg things.</em></blockquote>
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:37 pm
Eevle

Good Grief!

That's basically saying, "what, you mean there are serious gamers?" I could scarcely imagine a weaker response.

Eevle

Reality is for people who lack imagination
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:39 pm

Ale
Village Leader
Village Leader

I was in the beta and it wasn't hard to see that the bulk of the whole gaming experience was nothing more than doing the lame missions over and over.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:36 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I agree. That is lame.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:41 am
orion-

SWG Review

I've been playing SWG since beta 3, there's been one big patch since the game when live and all they did was change the screen colors, and mess up most of the profesions. Our guild had 10 players 7 left because NONE of the profesions are more that 10% done. They list 30 things you can do but only 3 of them work. Peaple in the game are realy pissed or just gave up. Most of the cities are ghost towns now. If your thinking of getting this game only sign up for a month, trust me you wount be playing long
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:54 am

Ale
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, like a few of us have stated a little while back:

The game may be the biggest seller of its kind, but lets see if they offer a press release declaring it the biggest cancellation-after-first-month game of its kind.

Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:28 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Re: SWG Review

quote:
Originally posted by orion-
I've been playing SWG since beta 3, there's been one big patch since the game when live and all they did was change the screen colors, and mess up most of the profesions. Our guild had 10 players 7 left because NONE of the profesions are more that 10% done. They list 30 things you can do but only 3 of them work. Peaple in the game are realy pissed or just gave up. Most of the cities are ghost towns now. If your thinking of getting this game only sign up for a month, trust me you wount be playing long

Either you're not playing the same game as I am, or my server is the only one that's populated... I cannot go in any city without seeing tons of people everywhere. Even some of the elite planets have their pretty good share of players hanging around! Yes people are a little peeved by the state of some things in the game, but in general people keep their hopes up as the devs are working on the game, and the posts on the official forums are there to prove it.

Anyway, I just don't see the game's population dwindling at all these days... Again maybe this is just my server, but when I go to create a new character all servers are at least at medium capacity, with at least 5 at full capacity at prime time. With 20 servers out there, I hardly think this qualifies as a sinking ship...
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:40 pm