Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I just finished the demo myself - and discovered something..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Belryan

I just finished the demo myself - and discovered something..

Great demo. My final character was level 9, on the verge of lvl 10 (I could have beat on some more orcs, but I didn't feel like it).

I like the graphics, though, as mentioned before, it is too dark. I have to max out my brightness and contrast in order to see things. Forget seeing the Pentagrams in the Catacombs on the default monitor settings

I never played Diablo, nor Balder's Gate. No, I don't live on a rock, I just... didn't play them... However, I have played a bit of each game / seen them played.

I think Devinity is going to be a very good game. Hopefully I'll have the patience to see it through when the full game comes out

I discovered that if you finish the demo, and it kicks you back to the main menu, if you save the game, you can load it again, and continue playing! You can gone south, across a bridge, to a castle and some farms, However the minimap doesn't work anymore, and eventually the graphics start getting corrupted, because of course you're not supposed to be there in the demo. Good fun though, especially if you want xp (1600 per Boar)
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:15 am

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Interesting, I'll have to try that.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:38 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, I will also try this, thanks for info :].
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:41 am

Good thinking. Keep the automap up to see invisible on radar. Steel Warriors are very tough. Seems like all the internals of the buildings are messed up, but there are still some fun things to do.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 9:27 pm

how are you getting across the bridge??????? I did what you said to do and save it right before the demo end, and it kicks me out I reload the game and then I go to the bridge and kicks me out again. Can you give me more specific instructions on how to get across the bridge or what I am doing wrong.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:04 pm

Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

Yeah I believe they kinda 'fixed' that with the patch
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:44 pm

They patched the demo? Interesting. I made it up to around 17th level and
finally quit, since I could not defeat the lich, and people I needed to talk too wouldn't talk to me. Also fighting all the invisibles became rather tedious since
you kept having to go all the way back to the original town to get healing potions. Though it was fun exploring across the river.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:42 am

Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

Well you should have received the teleporter stones. In that way you could drop one in the town and then jump back and forth whenever you needed them, without walking the distance.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:41 pm
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

That's true. But that was just one of the reasons I quit playing the demo. have to save something for the full game.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:35 pm