Bloodlines Finales(spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Fabio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bloodlines Finales(spoiler)

I was wondering what were the other finales in the game. I allied myself with the Anarchs and the two endings I had were:

1. LaCroix blowing up when he opens the sarcophagus(now how did Jack manage to open it and steal its contents)
2. Me blowing up with him(good thing I chanced upon the first ending on my first go)

Now, does anyone know whether that mummy is of any significance(in the World of Darkness setting, not in the game) , who the Driver is, and whether there is more to Jack than what the game tells you?

Last edited by Fabio on Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

You should put spoilers in the spoiler-tag, since many of us have decided to wait until we get better mashines to play the game![/spoiler]
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:38 pm
Fabio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oops, sorry. Shall remember that next time.
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:59 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

***MAJOR SPOILERS***

The Driver is hinted at being Caine, or at least a very early generation vampire.
I don't know if the mummy has major significance in the WoD universe since I'm not familiar with it beyond the game.

Jack met an ancient vampire that had moved into the city. Possibly a Methuselah or Antedeluvian. This is the taxi driver Jack sends you to meet during the Blood Hunt, and is the mysterious figure you see behind Jack in the end sequence. The presence of this ancient vampire in the city is what was causing the "strange feeling" that Beckett described.
Coincidentially, at the same time, the Ankarran Sarcophagus was discovered. Knowing that the Prince would want to drink an ancient vampire's blood, Jack saw a chance to get rid of the Prince. Jack found his way onto the Elizabeth Dane, killed the crew, took the corpse out of the Sarcophagus, put the explosives inside, and rigged it to explode when it was opened. He also planted evidence on the Dane to convince the Prince that there was an ancient vampire inside the Sarcophagus. Then he just sat back and waited for everything to play out.
I'm tempted to think the whole thing was a set-up to get rid of the Camarilla in LA. Especially when you find out that Johansen was tipped off on where to find this artifact. Even your Embrace might have been planned. Why else would your Sire risk death?
Or perhaps the Kuei-Jin set the whole thing up and Jack got wind of it?

I liked the Camarilla ending the best. It's got a Raiders of the Lost Ark feel to it. They put the Sarcophagus in a box in a warehouse where no one will find it.

There are basically five different endings.
1. Loner Ending
2. Camarilla Ending
3. Anarch Ending
4. LaCroix Ending
5. Kuei-Jin Ending - Nasty!

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited by Val on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:01 pm
Fabio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Geeze, did you find all that out just by playing the game or do you have other sources? If it was solely the game what were the clues?

Also, how do you initiate the Kuei-Jin ending? Cannot find the option to ally myself with them when I speak to the Driver.
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:53 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

If you look at the speech files for the cabbie, they are labelled Caine. Whether or not the character is Caine, I don't know. All that stuff about Jack sneaking about the Elizabeth Dane is just my way of explaining how Jack got the bomb in the Sarcophagus. It's all theory. Something had to have happened to the crew of the Dane. Someone killed them and your character states that the Sarcophagus may have been opened while on the Dane.

As for initiating the Kuei-Jin ending you have to agree and say that you trust them on everything, especially after taking out the Sabbat. I don't recommend it. It's a very nasty ending.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:04 am
Fabio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dang, hope I still have some good saves left. I never trusted that Ming Xiao, found that I liked her words too much, and so that something must be wrong about them(the Kuei-Jin).
I may have blocked that ending entirely.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:05 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You aren't missing a lot. It's not a satisfying ending by any means.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:05 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok well I just completed my first ending. It was the camarilla ending

Ok, so by ending you mean the scene that is after you kill the giant bat right?

( BTW I had no idea how to kill the giant bat but somehow the swat members eventually shot him down after about a half hour.)

So other than this scene, all the endings are the same right? I mean in order to see these other endings I have to go all the way back to before the kue jinn temple and talk to the taxi driver and tell him something different correct?

But other than the last conversation with la croix, the endings are all the same correct?
Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:53 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

No. Each ending is unique depending on what you choose. You can get blown up with LaCroix, give Nines the birdie, or swim with the fishies even.
Post Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:19 am
genji
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It was a great ending, despite all of the respawning chinese crossbow-wielding warriors that I had to hack through to get there. Although I have no idea about his motives, it seems clear that Jack had to have opened the sarcophagus while it was on the Elizabeth Dane.

I'm dying for a sequel. It might never happen, but I can hope.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:57 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

A sequel would be nice, or at least an expansion.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:20 pm