Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Will Jowood ever learn from his mistakes?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Will Gothic 3 English ever be released?
No, never.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Nope, cause they will try to make Atari publish another Gothic game.
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Yes, but about a year after the German release.
39%
 39%  [ 15 ]
Yes, but nobody will hear about, because a lack of promotion.
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Are you crazy!! Of course they will!
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 38

Author Thread
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well as u can see Gothic 3 will be a bomb and i am sure the advertizement will be for it good also
Post Sat May 15, 2004 11:57 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

well as from this morning (good news posted by Gorath) it looks like Jowood has learned from its mistakes.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 8:57 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

They will bring out Gothic III in english, they would miss a lot of profit if they didn't.
I think/hope.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 10:07 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

dont know if jowood gonna do that but somebody will do it for sure
Post Mon May 17, 2004 10:28 pm
QreepyBORIS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

D:

Well, I hope that JoWood switches publishers. You can see what happened last time.

I missed most of the E3 news, and I am still catching up (particularly with Gothic 3). I still don't know what to make of the situation, but I voted cynically. Gothic III is probably not going to come out in English, at this rate.
I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!
Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:46 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Well judging on the news flashes it seems the do learn something from their mistakes. They stopped working with Atari in any case and already have found a different publisher. But of course that says nothing about what they will do when G3 is about to be released
Post Wed May 19, 2004 3:16 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i trust Gothic 3 will have a better future
Post Thu May 20, 2004 1:00 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

That's good, but Gothic 3 is years away it seems. I hope the addon comes out soon, until then I may use the fanmade one (cothyso said he finished it good news! ) so I'm worried about the addons coming out for Gothic 2 and the Diccuric one because I prob need those to last me to Gothic 3.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu May 20, 2004 3:32 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yea he will learn from his mistakes after making 2 games which rank on my top 20 games ive ever played, the only concern I have is what its going to be like. Because after you make 2 rpgs pertaining to the same idea is hard to come up with new ideas to please the consumers, but I think he will pull through and make another kick a$$ game to add to the other 2 Gothics.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 3:20 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well to that genre u can allways find a story the bad thing is only that the game deverlopment takes very much time and i dont think PB will make G4 right after they finished G3 [if they will at all do a G4] but if they gonna deverlope the serie they gonna probably take 2-3 years off work
Post Thu May 27, 2004 3:41 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ya i agree they probally will take time off of it, maybe start on another project, but what I would like to see is either a more medieval Gothic like actual historical medieval times, or a wild west time of sceme. Just an idea tho seems interesting.
Post Thu May 27, 2004 7:12 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2