Etrom Interview Part 2 @ RPG Vault
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Etrom Interview Part 2 @ RPG Vault

RPG Vault concludes their <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/431/431882p1.html" target="_blank">interview</a> with Etrom's Lead Designer, Fabio Belsanti with Part 2 now up. Here's one of the exchanges: <br><blockquote><em>Jonric: Will there be many friendly NPCs, what roles will they play, and how important will they be overall? <br> <br>Fabio Belsanti: I don't want to talk about this, because I want let the RPG players the chance to discover it by themselves</em></blockquote>Yes, an unusual passage to quote, I know. It's actually a rather strange interview!
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:42 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Nice looking screens,now if the story is as great as the graphics,who knows.One thing I noticed is that the minimum requirements are a geforce 4 or Radeon 9000 class card. Not everyone has that luxury and maybe the devs have set their sites abit too high.I have a geforce 4 Ti4600 so I'm okay but developing a game with those reqs is,imo, slicing your buying public in half. Not a good thing for a new dev team.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:49 am
Dinzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I noticed the requirements as well but in all fairness it isn't due for at least 9 months. I think they may "dumb down" the requirements a little by that point due to publisher pressure but that in turn will cost time and money to accomplish. Anyhow my system can more than handle it even though it just beats their "recommended" specs. I do like the way the game looks and am really interested in seeing how it plays. I'd like to see more RPGs go with a similar type of engine.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:08 am
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I looked at the graphics, but I could not see any specific thing to demand such an high system. I think its graphics are no better than NWN or Dungeon Siege. If they will not decrease the minimum system requirements, than, they can lost many RPG players.
Anyway, I read their interview, and found the world setting very interesting. I hope developers will focus more on story and interaction rather than action, and will not make the game another mindless point-click craziness.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:36 pm