Usergroups
Help with demon needed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
BuzzSaw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My victory over the demon also seemed to result from kind of a game flaw, which seems to be similar to many other folks.

After the first 3 tries, it was apparent that there was no way I'd beat this critter with a logical approach. So on the 4 th try, I ran around the alter several times, got a small lead and then made a dash for the curtain covering the gate/door on the right side of the room exactly to the right of the alter and turned myself to face the alter. Sliding a step or 2 to the left along the wall, ther is a big beam that sticks out far enough to kind of hide you. The demon kinda stopped chasing me and when he/her approached again it snagged itself on the other side of the beam. So then I just wailed away with my poison dagger and the demon couldn't really touch me, couldn't unsnag itself and was too stupid to fly around the beam. Demon dead. I don't think there is any way I would have beat it otherwise. Fireballs and other such stuff didn't do jack.

Seems like a strange way to design a game. I beat another major monster by what I would consider flawed methods also. But, hey whatever works!
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:21 am
scarymike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Learn how to cast heal on your self (very easy) durring combat and this will be bennificial for all battles. Except against the ilsyds who killed me with 3 very quick hits.
-sm
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:58 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2